The story of Goliath, March 2008

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lilspaz68 said:
HE'S HERE...HOLD FOR PICS!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE HIM HIS MEDS!!!!!!!!!! That little man needs to breathe right! :scolding: :laugh4:

OMG!!!!! Thank God he made it!!!!! I might actually get some sleep without dreaming about little Goliath's struggle to breathe!!!!

Please give him a head smoooooooooooooooooooooooooch from me Shelagh... and give one to Meghan too!!!! (yes... I want her to have a HEAD SMOOOOOOOOOOOOCH!!!) :D!!!!

LA said:
We can wait for pics, he needs you first.

he's not too bad off, I put him in his cage to relax for a bit before forcing zithro down his throat. While he was relaxing I gave Meghan the Rat Tour...

Btw both she and I squealed everytime Goliath moved...

I would say this little man is about 4 weeks old. He is sweet, calm and trusting. We are both in :heart:

Here ya go :D

goli5march9.jpg

goli4march9.jpg

goli3march9.jpg

goli1march9.jpg

goli2march2.jpg

lilspaz68 said:
LA said:
We can wait for pics, he needs you first.

he's not too bad off, I put him in his cage to relax for a bit before forcing zithro down his throat. While he was relaxing I gave Meghan the Rat Tour...

Btw both she and I squealed everytime Goliath moved...

I would say this little man is about 4 weeks old. He is sweet, calm and trusting. We are both in :heart:

Here ya go :D

goli5march9.jpg

goli4march9.jpg

goli3march9.jpg

goli1march9.jpg

goli2march2.jpg

what a marvelous little guy!!!! It's nice to see that he has enough energy to be curious.

Didn't he like his Zithro? LOL.... poor little furball.... he's going to have to get used to it but I think he will figure out that what you're giving him makes him feel better. :)

It is heartbreaking to think that his first few weeks in life have been so difficult. :tearful: You can't imagine how happy I am that you finally have him. :heart:

You just upped your success rate there Meghan!!! You weren't kidding when you said that 99% of your little problem cases bond with you!!!!
God smiled on that little rat man and I am SO HAPPY that he made it to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :love6:

Oh he is beautiful.....:D

Here is something from the babies......

Dear Goliath
We hope you are feeling better soon. We made this sign for you with help from our mommy.......It is from all of us...but we couldn't all fit in the picture so just me, Jayden and my brother Dozer held up the sign.
Love Sydney, Piper and all the Pipelets....

:grouphug: :love7: :heart: :heart: :heart:
animals053.jpg

:wow3: this is wonderful news!! I am amazed by the wonders of technology. With cell phone photos, Blackberries and the internet, we have all been able to follow this great story. [although the time change gave me more ammunition to sleep in and miss part of this saga]

So, :welcome4: to your new home, Goliath!! :tumkiss:

and

:welcome2: to the Shack, Brittni! Now that you are a member you'll be sure to be able to follow Goliath's progress and to get support for the care of your other ratty.

and to Shelagh & Megan & Brittni :urock:

Goliath says Thank You to the Pipelets and EVERYONE else. He is funny about his zithro...wants it but then snatches it and shakes his head really fast. I had to put the syringe into his teeeny tiny mouth. :roll: His lungs are a bit crackly but its an off and on thing I think we have a really high chance at nipping in the bud :thumbup:

He is 71 grams. :)

Is this all mine??
goli-formemarch9.jpg

He is a popcorning freak! He licks, he bounces, he actually bounces so much that he literally popcorned himself out of the open door of his cage. He landed on the cage door thankfully but he was sooo surprised to find himself there!!!
Here he is mid-pop before he launched...
golimiddleofapopmarch9.jpg

Meghan playing pokey pokey da baby belly
Golipokeypokeymarch9.jpg

Then we took him out for more pics...
I'se shy
goliiseshymarch9.jpg

Climbing on Meghan's arm we get a nice pic of his stripe
golifromabovemarch9.jpg

Goli and the giant hand
goliandthegianthandmar9.jpg

"What's over there?"
goli-whatsovertheremarch9.jpg

MY corner (he looks like Eeyore here to me LOL)
goli-mycornermarch9.jpg

On the move
goli-onthemovemarch9.jpg

Look he has a Kissy Spot
golihasakissyspotmarch9.jpg

Right now he is crawling all over Meghan on the couch as I post this :mrgreen:

He's a very special little boy. :heart:

Oh I could faint with the cuteness......I love the kissy spot and what a beautiful tail.........He looks great...bright eyed and well not so bushy tailed.....I have a good feeling about this boy.......

He is such a cutie! And what an immune system he must have, to have survived this long before getting meds.

Beautiful ratty boy, looking very much at home in his new surroundings.

:) he looks happy, im glad he made it there.

meghan, thank you.

shelagh, have fun. :) make sure he gets lots of love, and give him a kiss for me. as for his kissy spot, i fell in love with it. ^^

goli: your ina good home!! but i still miss ya bud! '3

Back