The story of Goliath, March 2008

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He actually reminds me of a cross between Brie and Dilbert. Brie's eyes and Dilly's attitude...relaxed and calm and happy :D These rats I find do better with illness than others.

BrieandDilbertsaytheselicksareforyo.jpg

Yay! Golly's home and happy! I'm so glad he's settling in so well. And so cute! Ack! Shelagh, you may need to add him to My List. :wink:

I just finished showing my husband pictures of Dilly (and the rest of your gang of course!) and he loves everyone!

I'm home now, actually got home forty five minutes ago. The drive home was great!

Today was so wonderful, I can't even find the words!!

lilspaz68 said:
Fidget said:
Godmother said:
I just noticed that little Goli seems to have a chunk bitten out of both ears.
Oh goodness, he does! Damaged goods - can you send him back for a refund? :lol:

Not on your life!!!

I think they give him an inquistive, jaunty air. :D

I LOVE HIS EARS! <3
thats one of reasons i picked him, that way he wasn't too normal next to my 2 footed rat. ^__^

meghan said:
I just finished showing my husband pictures of Dilly (and the rest of your gang of course!) and he loves everyone!

I'm home now, actually got home forty five minutes ago. The drive home was great!

Today was so wonderful, I can't even find the words!!

Oh, meghan! thank you so much again. :) i owe you big time.

WOW! What an amazing story! You can't get to a computer for a weekend and you miss a huge dramatic story with the happiest ending!

You guys are so AMAZING! I can't say it enough. Rat people are awesome! And Rat SHACK people are even more awesome! I have said it to some of you already, but i will say it again: i have been involved with many different animals and many different animal people and i have to say Rat People have to be the most caring and compassionate of everyone! A rat person is a REAL animal lover.

LOVE YOU ALL! YOU ARE GREAT!

We're having a little flareup of the congestion so I am probably going to steam him to make him more comfortable.

I gave him his second .03 cc dose of zithro (not 12 hours apart but you often can double up on the first day with abs).

eta I just saw my first gasping attack, the fight is on! I might add baytril to the combo in a day or 2 depending on where he is.

eta2: The steam helped. He was happily doing a full body grooming in my lap while I steamed...hehe. I have always hated saunas. :roll:

I put his cage on my bed tonight so I can hear any bad attacks just in case we need to steam again.

G'night my Wonderful RS friends from both of us :D

OH YAY!!!!! HE'S HOME!!!! HE'S HOME!!!!!!!

*dances with joy*

He looks like such a sweetheart! How fitting with the ears, my Mikey had a notch in one of his ears just like little Goliath. *kisses likkle baby ears* Oh such sweetness!!!

*dances even more*

jennifervb - that poem for Goliath is Absolutely Awesome!!! What a wonderful gift to him to document his amazing story in such beautiful everlasting words. Hugs to you!

Meghan, I hope you sleep well. You really put his health above your own safety even to be willing to make the trip even in horrendous weather. You deserve the sweetest of dreams.

And Shelagh, I hope you sleep even better, meaning I hope that the little guy has a peaceful night with no troubles. Have I mentioned today that I think you're amazing? We'll all keep up our prayers for him I'm sure.

Goodnight little loved one.

He's a funny wee one. He is more nervous and scared IN his cage than Out. He didn't even come out of his igloo last night, but I never heard his breathing so thats a good thing. He never touched his baby cereal overnight either. He must've been taken from mom at 3 weeks or less, I will have to ask Brittni if he was with his mom when she got him.

But he seems better this morning. I will continue the ucky zithro and let him rest...he's probably been running on adrenalin for a long time :(

I'm glad to hear that last night went well with no loud breathing!! I'm also very glad that he made it through the night! Great job, Shelagh! Great job, Goliath!!

lilspaz68 said:
He is more nervous and scared IN his cage than Out. He didn't even come out of his igloo last night,

Poor little guy....
it must be a little scary being in a bigger cage than he's used to (or a tank where he was raied).

Im sure he'll come around quickly *hugs*

Back