The story of Goliath, March 2008

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend Beth from across the Pond has made Goli a prezzie. She and her family call him Big G, and sent this pic (I had to cover his eyes first).

BIGG1.jpg

BIGG3.jpg

Monogrammed Hammies now..he's gonna be a spoiled Boy :D

Dahlas said:
Oh he is beautiful.....:D

Here is something from the babies......

Dear Goliath
We hope you are feeling better soon. We made this sign for you with help from our mommy.......It is from all of us...but we couldn't all fit in the picture so just me, Jayden and my brother Dozer held up the sign.
Love Sydney, Piper and all the Pipelets....

:grouphug: :love7: :heart: :heart: :heart:
animals053.jpg

that is the cutest thing i`ve ever seen. :D your wonderful.

He's very active, that is a very good sign. I bet he's going to beat this thing.

I love that get well sign, those babies are so talented. :D

Wow, this really warms my heart!! :heart: I truly believe that we have all the best people in the world right here at the Rat Shack. Everybody here is just so wonderful!! :grouphug2:

Nickelrat said:
Wow, this really warms my heart!! :heart: I truly believe that we have all the best people in the world right here at the Rat Shack. Everybody here is just so wonderful!! :grouphug2:

I agree. I've been on here for a few hours, but I can already tell that everyone here is so caring and empathetic.

OMG.. I was just able to get here and of course immediately checked up on the little guy. Went to page 6 (last one I saw last night) and bawled my eyes out thru hearing he was in Meghan's hands, then Shelagh's, and the crying was just easing up when I came to Dahlas's picture of her babies & sign - and went off on another torrent.

I'm so happy he's home and he IS going to be just fine!
I noticed his kissing spot right away in the bar-climbing picture! Oh, he's so precious! And so are you all! Brittni, Meghan, Shelagh, Dahlas, Beth, and everyone who's hopes sent him strength (it obviously worked - he's popcorning and we're all emotionally wrung out :lol: )

Welcome Home Baby!!!!.

This whole experience has been wonderful to say the least!!!

Our Baby Goliath is now back in his cage. He is drinking from his bottle and he is checking out the dangling toys. He was on the end table set up for my rats...baskets, water in a ramekin, etc.

goli-whatsthismar9.jpg

I am a baby bird!
goli-iamababybirdmar9.jpg

Eating baby cereal off of my finger after rearranging everything to His liking
Golieatingbabycerealmarch9.jpg

OK I am going to make something to eat and let him relax :D

What a wonderful successful day, new friends made (not just a Goliath) and a happy ending for all. :)

I just noticed that little Goli seems to have a chunk bitten out of both ears. SQ's Cindy had a chunk out of one ear, from her early days at the pet shop.

So Goli is no stranger to adversity. He'll not know what to do living the easy life!

Ooohhh, happiness abounds in this thread! So glad to see he got home safe and sound. Sweet sweet Goli... perhaps he'll be the next generation's Dilbert.

Not to mention the fact that marks like that help to identify a ratty quickly when there are a lot looking alike!! If it weren't for Tia's missing eye and Melissa's damaged toes, I'd have even more trouble telling my girls apart quickly!

Hey, guess what! Dilly now has competition for the most adored man-rat on the Forum!

Godmother said:
Not to mention the fact that marks like that help to identify a ratty quickly when there are a lot looking alike!! If it weren't for Tia's missing eye and Melissa's damaged toes, I'd have even more trouble telling my girls apart quickly!

Hey, guess what! Dilly now has competition for the most adored man-rat on the Forum!

Oh I don't know about that Godmother. I could just post some of Dilly's baby pics and some of his videos and see who wins. LOLOL

Within a brief and fearful time
When chance for life seemed bare
the whispered cry for help was heard
and carried on a prayer :rose:

The feverish and fearful grief
as felt by all friends here
provided strength which carried through
Goliath, on a prayer :rose:

As mother nature raged in storm
but hope, though bleak, was there
we looked beyond the clouds and found
his fate rode on a prayer :rose:

With each and every passing day
could he have felt the care
within the light
one hundred souls who loved him
on a prayer :rose:

It mattered not; the risk to run
no who, what, why or where
against the odds this baby boy
was carried through a prayer :rose:

The helpless grief a mother feels
the weight young shoulders bear
reach out, where do I go, please help
were carried on a prayer :rose:

The saving graces from Shelagh and Meghan
selfless care
his perseverance, strength and hope rewarded...

on a prayer. :rose:

you're going to make it little one. :rose:

YAY!!!!!!! :001: :001: :001: :001: I'm so glad he made it home!! ^_^ Thank you to everyone who halped make this happen, even if all you could do was hope or pray! I'm just so glad he made it to you, Shelagh!

Back