Alice - Not Good (Was - Getting PTS due to tumour)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww, thank you all :D :D

She is definitely really confused when she's walking, she keeps jumping onto that box (which is obviously not high at all) and struggles when she jumps back off it. The tumour must've weighed more than her though so it must be a huge relief for her.

She adapted to the weight of it and how to balance with it, it takes some time to relearn all these things...Didi and Dusa both had to learn to walk properly again and it took 4-7 days for both of them

She's still doing really well :joy:

I put one of the other girls from her group, Ruby, in the cage with her but I had to take her back out again. Ruby was ignoring her and eating food that Alice had collected :wink: , but Alice was squeaking when Ruby came near her - not that she did anything to her but she seemed a bit sore. Her post-op check is tomorrow so hopefully it's not too long until she can get out to run about properly in the play room & back with the other girls :cuddle:

Alicex003_zps3817cd09.jpg

Alicex017_zpse0973d71.jpg

Alicex018_zpse30e6d08.jpg

Alicex019_zpsa034ef57.jpg

What a beautiful princess you can tell from her facial expression she's feeling better. :joy:
Fingers crossed for a full bill of health at the vets tomorrow. :heart:

Thank you all :D

I had to post a few more pictures - yesterday I decided to let Alice go into the playroom with the others from her group. There's 6 other girls but one of them isn't well so she wasn't out for playtime. Anyway it went really well with the girls so I put Alice back into the main cage with them and she's been fine since.

Seeing her in the playroom though....... :cuddle: :cloud9: She was so so so happy. :heart:
She was a bit wobbly to start with on the flooring, fell over cleaning herself, and almost slid off a box she had jumped up onto - but once she got used to it she realised how much faster she could move and had an absolutely great time. She was playing with Carmen, one of the most active girls in the group, which she didn't before her operation. Alice ended up so happy that she was running around boggling to herself :heart:

When I put her home, she sat at the bars wanting back out for more playtime :giggle:

SoHappyAlice009_zpsf4190032.jpg

SoHappyAlice019_zps97925eb6.jpg

SoHappyAlice029_zpsd4e4aefc.jpg

SoHappyAlice031_zps2bde8007.jpg

SoHappyAlice040_zps502d633e.jpg

Back