Alice - Not Good (Was - Getting PTS due to tumour)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all, I really appreciate it :)

RattusNorvegicus said:
One of the great things with most mammary tumors is they are encapsulated (basically in a sac of membrane) that if it is attached to her leg, it should only be by tissues that can easily be torn away

Yes, that's what our vet has always said too, and that's why the actual size doesn't really worry her too much.
I hope you're right and it can easily be removed even if it is attatched... fingers crossed :cuddle:

Good luck to you and your little girlie tomorrow! I can't imagine how scary it must be, I have yet to have a rat go into surgery :sad3: . I'll be sending prayers of her pulling through and bouncing around tumor free for you :heart:

I was feeling fairly hopeful throughout today (especially after seeing some successful tumour removal threads), but I've just brought her out for playtime and I'm back to being really worried :( I just can't see her making her through it right now. I know that there is no other option for her though.

Got a little bag ready for her with baby food and kitten milk to drop off at the vets tomorrow.
I really hope that she makes it through. :(

TheHermit said:
Good luck to you and your little girlie tomorrow! I can't imagine how scary it must be, I have yet to have a rat go into surgery :sad3: . I'll be sending prayers of her pulling through and bouncing around tumor free for you :heart:

Thank you :cuddle:

I've had quite a lot, but her tumour is so big and she is such a skinny little girl. :sad3:

Spoil her rotten and give her many loves. Come on Alice, you can do it!

Situations like this are so hard. We're all here for you. :hugs:

:bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

She's home!

YAYForAlice167_zpsaf33a74b.jpg

YAYForAlice166_zps436cc72e.jpg

Thank you all again for your replies.... :joy:

Right now she's still tired but the practise manager said that, considering the size of her lump, she was suprised to see her doing so well. Poor Alice is still walking as though the lump is still there - lifting her leg up and walking really high, she's had it for so long that she must just be so used to walking like that.

I'm so so so glad :heart: :heart:

Rachael said:
:bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

She's home!

YAYForAlice167_zpsaf33a74b.jpg

YAYForAlice166_zps436cc72e.jpg

Thank you all again for your replies.... :joy:

Right now she's still tired but the practise manager said that, considering the size of her lump, she was suprised to see her doing so well. Poor Alice is still walking as though the lump is still there - lifting her leg up and walking really high, she's had it for so long that she must just be so used to walking like that.

I'm so so so glad :heart: :heart:

She looks FANTASTIC!! don't worry, she will take a bit to sort out that she can walk normally again, but she looks like she is going to be around a lot longer. (((hugs))) Congratulations to both of you!!

Just catching up with this thread. I'm so glad Alice's tumor removal went well such a brave little girly. Sending warm healing vibes. :hugs:

Back