Alice - Not Good (Was - Getting PTS due to tumour)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely PT :(

The bleeding stopped and the vet thinks it was a urine infection, she has been bleeding a bit again since she went downhill yesterday though. I'm still giving her antibioitcs because she takes them by syringe but I can't get the steroid to her now :sad3:

The other girl isn't related to Alice but her bleeding stopped completely on the antibiotics too - I really didn't think it would but I'm so glad it did, she's not got great breathing and I really thought she might have needed a spay. :(

Alice is such a determined little girl. She's all over the place but she's so determined to get to where she wants in the cage. The past two mornings she's somehow managed to eat breakfast as well. :heart:

She's gone :( :(

Alice left us on December 21st. She'd went downhill really quickly and slept away with the girls in the igloo.

Still very hard though, after all she went through. :sad3:

Thank you both for asking.

I'm sorry Alice didn't have more time to be with you. I guess the only positives are that she was with you for five more weeks after you thought you would have to euthanize her, which doesn't sound like a long time, but is in 'rat years' for her. And she taught you that even when all seems lost, there can be a glimmer of hope. It sounds like she passed at home snuggled up with her buddies. RIP Alice, I'm glad you had a peaceful crossing. :heart:

Back