3=16+ Rescue Standards and Rexes

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many are you taken sausage?? How many are left from Mommy 2? Has anyone ever put a neutered male in with intact females? If yes, how did it work out?

I'm only supposed to take one, a PEW and if no PEWs I wasn't planning on taking any. I have a bunch of black babies that will be needing new homes and it has been said that blackies are not easy to place so I may end having to keep some of mine. I was doing some research in rat genetic last week to see the proabality of getting a PEW in this litter and the chance are pretty good that any PEW may actually be a himi (what with Mommy #1 and #2 being himmies) especially if Mommy#2 is Mom 1's daughter.

Maple305 said:
How many are you taken sausage?? How many are left from Mommy 2? Has anyone ever put a neutered male in with intact females? If yes, how did it work out?

i've got a group with one neutered male and 10 unaltered females. They are wonderful! Poor Hootch doesn't strand a chance, they ALL want to snuggle him :heart:

henry's_mum said:
Maple305 said:

i've got a group with one neutered male and 10 unaltered females. They are wonderful! Poor Hootch doesn't strand a chance, they ALL want to snuggle him :heart:

Ooooooooh really? That's good.

Maple305 said:
sausage4ever said:
OOhh look at the biggie...He(fingers crosssed)'s mine!!!

Hey, the biggie is not a PEW....You take the POP!!

Maple305 said:
henry's_mum said:
Maple305 said:

Ooooooooh really? That's good. Do you want to give up your little pee wee? I'm not trying to cross the line, I'm just thinking, if its best for pee wee to be with mom, I would be willing to take her.....and her mom.....and her two sisters, and if Dee took dad....I would also take the little blue guy. That would leave 2 little boys which should be pretty easy to place. Just an idea :nosteal:

Ok...
I've kinda fallen for that handsome squish of a daddy rat. :heart: :heart: :heart: He and two little boys will be staying here for sure. (with neuters) The third little boy is being adopted by dreamwarrior. That leaves no boys remaining from the first litter. :joy:

If henry's_mum adopts her two girls, that will leave one little female available from the first litter.

Both mothers are welcome to stay here, but if someone wants to adopt them then I will let them go. Momma 1 is about a year, and her daughter, momma 2, is around 6 months. (at least that is what I was told)

All of the second litter of six is still available.

Anyone interested in adopting please pm me with your email address so I can send you an adoption application. There will be a small adoption donation that will go to one of our fine Canadian rat rescues.

Thanks.

Yay for Poppa Smurf Rat...Whatcha gonna name him Kayla? :stickpoke:
I think Soda is a cool name for such a cool rattie.

Have you been able to sex any of the babes from the second litter?

sausage4ever said:

I really like original sounding human names. I still haven't decided on a name for my Belle River female yet though. :oops:

As for sexing the second litter, not a chance. :lol: I'll keep looking every chance I get, but Momma 1 gets stressed when I take them out, even for a little while, and I don't blame her. (I consider myself lucky today because she really wanted to get me good :wink: )

I'll post some pictures if I can get some half decent boy/ girl part shots. :giggle:

Kayla said:
sausage4ever said:

I really like original sounding human names. I still haven't decided on a name for my Belle River female yet though. :oops:

As for sexing the second litter, not a chance. :lol: I'll keep looking every chance I get, but Momma 1 gets stressed when I take them out, even for a little while, and I don't blame her. (I consider myself lucky today because she really wanted to get me good :wink: )

I'll post some pictures if I can get some half decent boy/ girl part shots. :giggle:

why not name the Belle River girl, Belle? :giggle:

Too funny... I actually posted that I may name her that. I do have a crested gecko named Bella though, but I guess that doesn't really matter... hmmm..

Kayla said:
Maple305 said:
sausage4ever said:
OOhh look at the biggie...He(fingers crosssed)'s mine!!!

Ok...
I've kinda fallen for that handsome squish of a daddy rat. :heart: :heart: :heart: He and two little boys will be staying here for sure. (with neuters) The third little boy is being adopted by dreamwarrior. That leaves no boys remaining from the first litter. :joy:

If henry's_mum adopts her two girls, that will leave one little female available from the first litter.

Both mothers are welcome to stay here, but if someone wants to adopt them then I will let them go. Momma 1 is about a year, and her daughter, momma 2, is around 6 months. (at least that is what I was told)

All of the second litter of six is still available.

Anyone interested in adopting please pm me with your email address so I can send you an adoption application. There will be a small adoption donation that will go to one of our fine Canadian rat rescues.

Thanks.

Hurray......It really doesn't get any better than this. Congratulations to all the ratties and rattie mommies. There will be more ratties in need of a good home and I know my dumbo day will come. :D

If the next litter is all dumbo...I would like to be second in line to any one who applies for any PEWs and is approved, I don't want any highly adoptable babes going to me while I could easily wait for any ole PEW.

Edit: Kayla I will no longer be able to take any boys from your litter PEW or otherwise. I'm adopting a darling PEW (and maybe two other buddies from the Stratford SPCA) as they have been there all their lives. The PEW is a year old now and his agouti friends are seven months, they stand very little chance of ever being adopted from the shelter. Now I just pray to goodness that I can place all of my babies and adults. I'm not sure what I plan on doing with the agoutis but I don't have the heart to just leave them to ulimately die in a shelter.

dreamwarrior said:
any chance you can post me a picture of the boy i will adopt? i like being a proud mamma and showing off my soon to be baby.

henry's_mum said:
how are my girls today? eating and playing well?
OH the life of our rats....
:roll:

OMG... it's already 11! :wallbang: I was cleaning, adding extra shelves and re-decorating my girl's FN. My, how time flies. :wink: Your girls are well. I'm just about to make them some baby cereal. I totally forgot to buy ensure. :doh: I've got lots of pics to post tomorrow, but right now I have to finish my evening rounds before having supper myself, getting showered and to bed.

Back