3=16+ Rescue Standards and Rexes

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayla

So I went to pick up three rescues, (viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12246) and ended up with sixteen so far with the possibility of one more litter. (mommy #2 is still nursing her first babies, mommy #1 gave birth today :panic: ) At least they won't be breeding anymore as her husband said she could keep only two, and they are both female. (I made sure to take their only male even though I'll have to be super careful) They are pretty much all dumbos with six babies being available in a few weeks. (not too sure on the age of the first litter yet)

More soon

We're way too tired tonight for pictures. The mothers are separated now, each with their own babies and the male is all alone in a temporary cage.

As of now we have one adult male, two adult females, six four? week old babies and six newborn babies. (one didn't make it as far as I can tell--I'm leaving mommy be as she's been through enough already today)

The smallest of the older litter looks like it's either a rex, or missing some fur. It also looks like it was a target for getting beat up by others as it has some dried blood on it. (no major wounds though) The male has a battle wound as well which looks mostly healed.

I'll update tomorrow and get pictures asap. :wink:

Aww Kayla this sucks. I hope the next litters are small. Kudos on taking them in!!!

Everyone please realize that there are soon to be around 50 rats in this area seeking new homes (unless you're keeping them all Kayla :stickpoke:) we may need some transports to other parts of Ontario for all these babies.

Mommy #1 and some of her bubs :love7:

ratsandbunny381.jpg

ratsandbunny382.jpg

ratsandbunny383.jpg

ratsandbunny384.jpg

Mommy # 2 and her babies (I believe she is the daughter of Mommy 1. Babies-four agouti, one blue, and one possible white rex- all dumbos) :thud:

ratsandbunny378.jpg

ratsandbunny379.jpg

ratsandbunny380.jpg

ratsandbunny365.jpg

ratsandbunny366.jpg

ratsandbunny367.jpg

ratsandbunny370.jpg

ratsandbunny373.jpg

ratsandbunny376.jpg

ratsandbunny330.jpg

Last but not least.. Daddy ! (He seems pretty shy so far :heart: )

ratsandbunny391.jpg

ratsandbunny399.jpg

ratsandbunny419.jpg

ratsandbunny416.jpg

ratsandbunny408.jpg

Oohh rexy PEW *swoons* and I just adopted Luna today now so I'm officially full.

Kayla you wanna trade a baby for a baby :stickpoke: LOL
(note to self) "You'll get a PEW baby one day, and he will be perfect and live forever"

sausage4ever said:
Oohh rexy PEW *swoons* and I just adopted Luna today now so I'm officially full.

Kayla you wanna trade a baby for a baby :stickpoke: LOL
(note to self) "You'll get a PEW baby one day, and he will be perfect and live forever"

Ya Ya sauage, just like my dumbo! One day, perfect and live forever :D

O.O Igloo roof full of gorgeous babies. OMG im glad i do NOT live near you. You realise i would HAVE to steal every single one of them

Argh torture!!

Moon said:
I'll take one rexxy PEW and one Blue baby to go, thanks...

I can't tell if your serious or not. Pm me if you really want to adopt because I do not intend to keep any babies. (I must be strong because they are soo adorable.)

Maple305 said:
:gaah: Do you know the sex of the 4 week old babies? :help2: OH MAN!

Two brown little ones are male and two female I think. I don't know about the other two though because they are smaller, so it's harder for me to tell.

Back