3=16+ Rescue Standards and Rexes

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
henry's_mum said:
Kayla said:
Anyways, that leaves one lone female available for adoption as so far I haven't received an application from someone wanting a female. Of course, she could be paired up with a female from the second litter if someone is looking for a pair of beautiful girlies.

are you keeping any girls for mum? could this wee girl stay with her mum maybe?

Well, I was thinking of keeping all of the adults I rescued because I don't think there will be anyone interested in adopting them. (Unless they cannot get along with my group or there is someone interested, because I only want one group for myself.) This means both moms and dad (with a neuter in the near future) would be staying, plus I just adopted the Belle River female not too long ago. With just the adults that puts me at eight, but daddy doesn't have any company, (and I can't get to London during the week until July for non-emergencies, plus he would have to wait even longer after his neuter to be back with the girls) so I would need to keep a boy or pair of boys, which would put me at nine or ten. Ten is currently my max because I only have one good cage for my babies and I don't want to overcrowd them in my double FN because even with ten, I'm thinking I'll likely end up needing an add on for my cage. I know the cage calculator says a double FN CAN house twelve rats, but how many can usually live comfortably in one is my concern.

Anyways, sorry for the long explanation. Any thoughts as to what I should do?

Lyndsy's Ladies: :heart: :heart: :heart:

ratsandbunny672.jpg

ratsandbunny673.jpg

ratsandbunny674.jpg

ratsandbunny675.jpg

ratsandbunny677.jpg

ratsandbunny682.jpg

ratsandbunny683.jpg

ratsandbunny684.jpg

ratsandbunny685.jpg

ratsandbunny686.jpg

ratsandbunny687.jpg

ratsandbunny688.jpg

ratsandbunny689.jpg

Do you know the exact date you will be letting the babies go?
and what is the best age for a neuter? :holysheep:

Maple305 said:

The babies of the first litter will be ready the weekend of the 28th. I'm sure that different vets prefer to neuter at different ages, just like with cats and dogs.

Kayla said:
Maple305 said:

The babies of the first litter will be ready the weekend of the 28th. I'm sure that different vets prefer to neuter at different ages, just like with cats and dogs.

OK...Tomorrow is Monday and that means its vet day for my mousies :mouse2ud2: :mouse2ud2: :mouse2ud2: :mouse2ud2: :mouse2ud2: :mouse2ud2: :mouse2ud2: and all their little "bug buddies". :grave: The girlies fur is really growing in nicely (5 weeks later) but I think I'm going to have to book another 3 or 4 weeks of treatment. :sad3: I'm going to ask her tomorrow about neutering.
:cry4: I've always wanted a dumbo and there's a whole slew right in front of my eyes.
I'm rolling some idea's in my head.

:lovestruck:
OMG! how sweet....
Immidiatly I thought the wee minky girl looked like a Maggie, and the wee PEW looked like a Maddyson.
They are GORGEOUS!
Maddy is SO small compared to Maggie eh? she looks SO fragile...
sweet souls, i'm in wuv
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Right now I'm rolling ideas around in my head. Not sure where it will go. Frank said "Go for it" although he can't pick them up, he still thinks their cool. I'm going to talk to my vet to-day and depending on what she says, I'll post my proposal. What happens if my application isnt approved? :wow4:

I'm going to buy a CN sometime this week, that could mean good news for you Dee! Now if I could just get this hard headed, riddled with anxiety and worry dog of mine trained, I would have the ALMOST perfect life. Anyone know a good trainer, that trains outdoors? I obviously need help.

A FN for me *swoons*, then i can keep some babes from my litter and maybe adopt a PEW from Kayla too.
I hope to be going out and buying a corner ferret cage too, so I can have two perfect cages one for Kitchener and one for Guelph.

sausage4ever said:
A FN for me *swoons*, then i can keep some babes from my litter and maybe adopt a PEW from Kayla too.
I hope to be going out and buying a corner ferret cage too, so I can have two perfect cages one for Kitchener and one for Guelph.

Is that PEW going to be pop (although he's not a PEW) but he's got lots of white Dee. Just don't look at his face!

By the way, what on earth is "SWOONS" too old for this kind of talk :D

Where's the THUD warning!!! You can't just drop those out here with no warning... that delicate lil' waif of a PEW, the tiny brave dumbo defender whispering *Ish awight. I Pwomise. I take care of u.*. Waaay too cute. I'm going to find some ice for my concussion. Thanks a lot...

trillium said:
Where's the THUD warning!!! You can't just drop those out here with no warning... that delicate lil' waif of a PEW, the tiny brave dumbo defender whispering *Ish awight. I Pwomise. I take care of u.*. Waaay too cute. I'm going to find some ice for my concussion. Thanks a lot...

Was this message for sausage or me? :wink2: Sausage needs to take DADDY :gaah:

:lol2: should have clarified -- I'm slow; it's actually in response to the pics of Lyndsy's babies. sorry for the OT sidenote to the discussion about Pop-- who is also gorgeous, of course...

Momma 1's Bubs: (Momma 1 didn't want her picture taken today. :roll: ... By the time I finished taking pictures of the babies she was very agitated and lunged at and bit me when I was trying to put them back.)

Anyways... here is your thud warning. .... :thud: :giggle:

:bananas: :bananas: :bananas:

ratsandbunny694.jpg

ratsandbunny710.jpg

ratsandbunny695.jpg

ratsandbunny696.jpg

ratsandbunny697.jpg

ratsandbunny700.jpg

ratsandbunny701.jpg

ratsandbunny704.jpg

ratsandbunny705.jpg

ratsandbunny706.jpg