Show your cage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing so many great cages I don't dare put a picture of my cage or else someone may report me to the SPCA! At the moment I have my gang of six in a ferret cage and they appear comfortable...hopefully.

Here are some of our cages. Not all are currently in use, but we do tend to shift around, depending on our numbers, and who need the "retirement" home etc:

We have two of these (Quality Cage 36"x20"x60):
QualityMondo.jpg

boysgirls.jpg

I honestly had to give this one away (Martin's RUUD)...it was a royal pain to clean.
RUUD.jpg

(24x24x35)
Quality3.jpg

The retirement home. This is actually two cages, we joined together (that we use separately at times too (as cage groups get smaller :sad3: ). Together they are 60"x24" and perfect for those that have trouble with their back legs or are just too tired to bother. In this group, we have both elderlies and girls that are still mobile enough to enjoy the hamoocks. We had 8 in this group (sadly, we are down to just 5 now).
doubleonelevel2.jpg

Our travel cages we use on camping trips in our travel trailer (yes folks, we take our rats with us on trips :wink2: otherwise, we'd never get away from home :mrgreen: ).
cages1.jpg

camping8.jpg

We have a couple martin's 695's too, but I don't have any good pics of those (other than in the trailer shot above).

Debbie said:
Here are some of our cages. Not all are currently in use, but we do tend to shift around, depending on our numbers, and who need the "retirement" home etc:

We have two of these (Quality Cage 36"x20"x60):
QualityMondo.jpg

boysgirls.jpg

I honestly had to give this one away (Martin's RUUD)...it was a royal pain to clean.
RUUD.jpg

(24x24x35)
Quality3.jpg

The retirement home. This is actually two cages, we joined together (that we use separately at times too (as cage groups get smaller :sad3: ). Together they are 60"x24" and perfect for those that have trouble with their back legs or are just too tired to bother. In this group, we have both elderlies and girls that are still mobile enough to enjoy the hamoocks. We had 8 in this group (sadly, we are down to just 5 now).
doubleonelevel2.jpg

Our travel cages we use on camping trips in our travel trailer (yes folks, we take our rats with us on trips :wink2: otherwise, we'd never get away from home :mrgreen: ).
cages1.jpg

camping8.jpg

We have a couple martin's 695's too, but I don't have any good pics of those (other than in the trailer shot above).

how did you hook the wodent wheel on the cage? i just got one and it looks like i cant and wondered.

I just realized, I never posted my cage here:

My big colony cage without the doors on, houses 19 rats.

Cage_edited-1.jpg

My superpet long cage, houses 2 girls:

cage-1.jpg

lilangel said:
how did you hook the wodent wheel on the cage? i just got one and it looks like i cant and wondered.

We hook ours on, from the outside, so only the center piece is on the inside. We zip tie the stand to the outside of the cage. They just stay attached, and we take just the wheel itself off for cleaning.

Debbie said:
We hook ours on, from the outside, so only the center piece is on the inside. We zip tie the stand to the outside of the cage. They just stay attached, and we take just the wheel itself off for cleaning.

Debbie your cages look so great. I wanted to order some martins but they don't give you the choice of which color you want. Did you just happen to receive a lot of black cages?

Martin's only offers two types of cages.. Powdercoated or Galvanized. All of the powder coated cages are black, and the galvanized are bare metal so they're silver. Since galvanized reeks horribly when rats pee on the wire, we all try and use powder coated cages.

javakittie said:
Martin's only offers two types of cages.. Powdercoated or Galvanized. All of the powder coated cages are black, and the galvanized are bare metal so they're silver. Since galvanized reeks horribly when rats pee on the wire, we all try and use powder coated cages.

Oh duh! Thanks I was wondering about that for a while now.

Love the cage jorats. :heart:
you do know that the tail can get stuck in those running ball thingy's... I saw pictures of a ball like that with a tail in it. tail stripped off the rat. after that i never used mine again as a house for the rats... (ill search for the pic)

Edit; The pic; http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/in ... art001.jpg

A part of that rats tail had to be amputated... :(

Now i look closely to other cages, you all have those balls.. Please check the size of those stripes. If there getting smaller at the end, youre rats tail can get stuck like you see on the pic.

Thanks for that warning meep. I can see how that happens. I'll have to check my balls... um ...the runabout balls and see if I can make them a bit bigger so no tails get stuck.

yayayayayayay!
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

my scholarship run FINALLY CAME THROUGH! so my boys are now officially healthy and have a nice new home after a few months in a dingy-goodwill-rabbit cage (i love goodwill, don't get my wrong, but they NEEDED an upgrade!)

i got them a machioro "kit tom" cage... it's a b*tch to clean, but otherwise i love it&& it means that i may be able to get a rat or two more sometime soon, and i have never seen the boys happier!

i don't have any pictures up yet, as i'm still trying to get stuff in it (new toys for the new cage ever pay period...) but here's a link to a pic

http://www.amazon.com/Marchioro-Rat-Cag ... B000NGUJDE

i've missed you guys!
UNI IS EATING MY SOUL presently. thank goodness i got the boy at home :giggle:

sarunia

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that many people used fleece lining in their cages, and the shavings in mine was driving us nuts, so I decided to try the fleece as well!

The ratties seem to love it so far!

Mischief.jpg

Back