Show your cage

Discussion in 'Habitat' started by meep, Dec 11, 2007.

Help Support Rat Shack Forum by donating:

1. Dec 2, 2012 #441

JinX

JinX

JinX

i have no idea what the usual style is :p but it's a good ventilated terrarium (I have a smaller one who isnt much ventilated, i customized it though so now it is, but its my spare cage so i dont use it a lot).
    The doors are on the front so i always keep them open (just enough so my boys cant get out)

The reason i went for a terrarium is that i have 2 cats, when they were young they were always climbing up to the cage and i was afraid they'd grab a tail someday (or worse). So better safe then sorry. Nowaydays my cats ignore the rats (Murphy once tried to sniff the open door and he got bitten in his nose, he stayed away for 6 months or so :p).

When i have the backdoor open it nice to know my rats wont get sick from draft or anything. When its unusually warm in the summer they get extra ventilation by putting an extra set of bars by the doors (and a pool ofcourse :p) but when its colder its nice to know theyre safe and warm :) (we live in a rainy, mostly cold country, dont think glass cages are a great idea when you live in a really warm country)

2. Dec 5, 2012 #442

clmntine

clmntine

clmntine

Here's mine! Just finished the table top bit. The boys learned they are big enough now to get from the cage to the table, so we turned it into more play space! Pretty happy with the set up, but I really want a single FN.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Dec 8, 2012 #443

yooper_at_heart

yooper_at_heart

yooper_at_heart

This is mine. I hate it, the cage separates easily from base, the shelves are hard to maneuver around and it can be a pain to clean but I needed a cage quickly so this is what I ended up with. Please disregard that my room is a mess.

[​IMG]

4. Jun 14, 2019 #444

Olympia✨

Olympia✨

Olympia✨

Here is a knockoff CN I have (or maybe it’s just a U.K. version...) that’s for my two boys Obi and Loki:p

Attached Files:

5. Jun 14, 2019 #445

SQ

SQ

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals

Nice, ypu rattiesmust really love their homes and have lots of fun with all the wonderful things in their cage :)
    not a critter nation, but similar - CNs have small plaques on the doors and they are slightly different in design