Show your cage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meep

Ive searched but couldn't find a topic like this, sorry if there is already one. It would be nice if everyone would share his/her cage with the rest in this topic.

iIlike to watch other people there cages, for inspiration (how can i make my cage even cooler than it is already.. 8) ) and i just love to lurk around in such topics. :oops: :lol:

Just cleaned my cage so these pics are like 5 minutes old. :winksmile:

This my ferplast furet tower, at this time it is owned by 6 guys.
Kooi3.jpg

Kooi.jpg

upper part of the cage
Kooi1.jpg

lower part of the cage
Kooi2.jpg

I love my cage. :bliss:

thanks :) Yeah they love the tubes. i have 7 more tubes, but i have no adea where to hang them in the cage. :oops: They have way to much stuff.. i mean they have 8 houses, thats even more houses then rats. lol :lol:

love your cages to. very colourfull. dont they demolish all those towels? here they wouldnt survive 5 minutes. :p

I love to look at these cages and dream. Our two cages 695 have 4 females in each. By looking at your cages I would be stripping and cleaning them every two days with our crew. Is it maybe because there isn't anything in them. Ours have a hammock,Igloo and big paper roll in each. I find I am changing and washing those items every second day. The bottom trays have to be emptied because there is so much poo and wet. They even pee outside the cage onto the table.

Ann

whehehe i also had a guy who peed outside the cage. :lol: dirty bastard :lol:
If they pee everywhere in the cage, maybe put *whats the name?? bodembedekking...* on the ground floor, like i do. If you think its to empy but dont have the money to buy all kinds of tubes etc, you can make stuff yourself like tubes from a do it yourself store and buy tubes they use for the shower/bath etc. http://www.ru58.nl/images/Fbuisys2.jpg

Or what a lot of people do here, is going to the IKEA. (guess you also have that in Amerika/Canada?) and buy things there like the fangst.
http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/50660_PE150479_S3.jpg

:D

btw; I clean my cage once a week. Maybe sometimes i have to do the toilets more than once a week, but you start to smell the cage after 6/7 days. i must say they have a lot of space, so unless they all pee in the same corner, it wont get dirty fast.

This is my girl's cage:
acage.jpg

Here it is a while ago:
IMG_2134.jpg

I don't have pics of my boys cages, mainly because I hate both cages. :p I'm hoping to get all new cages soon because even the R-695 bugs me when it comes to decorating (I love clutter and can't find ways to decorate it for some reason!).

Meep, I love your cage. It's so spacious and so full of interesting places to scamper and hide!

I started out with a small Martin's cage and a Chinchilla cage, then worked my way up to a pair of 695s joined:
two695sjoined.jpg

Then I got my first FN:
firstFNwithratties.jpg

For a while I had the FN and one of the 695s side by side:
FNand695.jpg

And I got some more rescues who were housed temporarily in the chinchilla cage until they got big enough for their own FN.
CandSexplore2-1.jpg

here they are in their own FN:
StellagangpeasFN.jpg

I have never joined the two FNs because the two groups still see themselves as mortal enemies! here are Corrie and Melissa checking out the enemy cage:
CorrieMelissaclimbingFN.jpg

hard to believe that I ever thought two adult females would be happy in a chinchilla cage! Poor Edith and Rhonda were miserable in it,
EdithandRhondacagedoor.jpg

so I got them something bigger asap.
EdithwantsoutNOW.jpg

I have fun decorating the play area with interesting stuff.
Playarea.jpg

And I have a Martins playpen full of stuff to entertain young ratties.
EdithRhondaplaypenfunnels.jpg

I will always keep the small Martins 690 because it's handy for a nursery. I can get it in the back seat of my car to lend it to anyone who has rescued a mama and babies:
CorrieandbabiesinthemartinsQuicke-m.jpg

Godmother, what wonderful cages! And your play setup looks like so much fun too.

I know what you mean about those Hagan Chinchilla cages. I bought a few of them because they were greatly recommended by a so called breeder, saying up to 4 rats can live in that cage. I was mortified when I tried it. I will never ever recommend Hagan Chinchilla cages for rats.

thanks godmother. :D My guys & i also love the cage. 8)
Love your cages aswell. especially the ferret nation. you allhave very colourfull cages. we dont have sucht bright coloured hammocks... :( At least, i can't find them...
Whats wrong with the chinchilla cage? looks big enough to me (not for 4 rats, 3 maybe but i haven't seen it in real life so its hard to tell of a picture)

The chinchilla cage has a base of 17 x 25. That is much too small for rats to run, bounce and play. All they can do is run up the bars and go lie down in a hammock. My rats are extremely active and to put them in a cage where they can't be active is just cruel.

aah oke. guess you mean inches? otherwise it would be VERY tiny lol. still not big though. It looks bigger in that picure. I guess the rats you see in that pic, are small ones then. So its a more a cage you use as sickbay (how you call that, for ill rats) & new rats you need to introduce. Not for permanent use. ah well, you never have enough extra cages. :wink:

Because of a couple passings recently (Dwarfie and Widdershins), and having to house my older gal, Hazel, with my duo Ensie & Fyn, my big cage is home to only 9 rats. But, I think they like it that way :D I put in quite a bit of their Christmas presents (toys, hammocks), since I have no patience whatsoever. The rats don't seem to mind :wink:

Dec18th037.jpg

Top right - the most popular part of the cage:

Dec18th019.jpg

Dec18th009.jpg

Top left:

Dec18th018.jpg

Emma approves of the new heart-shaped wood toy :)

Dec18th016.jpg

Bottom right section of the cage - most definitely the least used portion of the cage.

Dec18th038.jpg

Bottom left, which is for some reason becoming more popular with my crew. Probably just because I've been putting more in it by way of cube hammocks and toys :p

Dec18th040.jpg

19 cages! omg runzwithratz, i quess you have an shelter? (thats how you call it right? een opvang.)

I think 1 (huge) cage is already loads of work to clean... :shock:

I love your cage soa. That cage is probably even bigger then mine!
:lol: <3

Back