Rat Shack Fest??? *see other thread*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toronto would be best for me. It's already a two hour drive and since I will be bumming a ride off of someone else, I doubt they would drive me any further.

Jack Sparrow said:
Ottawa is 6 hours away from Toronto. Would there be a location somewhere in between?

No Jack. As of right now this is the best we can do.

OK Guys! If everyone approves it's going to be on August 16th in High Park. Picnic Area #15. This link should bring you to a map of the park:
http://www.toronto.ca/parks/highpark/ma ... rk.pdf.pdf

If there are any serious objections please post a.s.a.p.!

As soon as I pay for this site it's a done deal and I will start a new thread announcing Rat Fest 2009!

I want to warn you guys right now that I am willing to do some organizing, preparing guest lists, maybe arranging rides, accommodations, car pooling, etc. BUT the week leading up to Rat Fest I will be away in New York. I don't come home until the 15th so that means the final preperations and last minute details will have to be handled by another. Lyndsy? Moon?

Moon said:
I can try to help also.

What's the parking situation in that area?

It's actually not bad. In the park itself there is parking by the baseball diamonds & the restaurant but we can't count on many spaces being available. There is a commuter park & ride at the Keele St. Subway which is free on Sundays. That's probably where I would go once I unload my car. There are also several parking lots on Lakeshore. People coming from points far and wide can park at several of the TTC subway stations and then take the train to High Park. I'm hoping members will be able to organize some car pooling.

I'm out! I've got a new summer schedule. I work Saturday-Wednesday!
Sorry guys, but if someone could have a cardboard cutout of me that'd be great!

Zooy said:

You've got lots of advance notice... couldn't you book a few days off?? :sad3:

Moon said:
Zooy said:

Thats the week my coworker is taking off... She's going camping. She's my only replacement.
Believe me guys, I wish I could be there!

Zooy said:
Moon said:
Zooy said:

Thats the week my coworker is taking off... She's going camping. She's my only replacement.
Believe me guys, I wish I could be there!
Awww too bad!!

Me and Lauren are working out details. It looks like we'll be attending as long as we get our ducks in order! (PASSPORTS!)

I'm totally in for that day!!! Tadpole and I will be there. Not sure about Wayne he works Sundays I will ask if he wants to come. I'm coming from Midland so I can drive and I have a van, unfortunately I have to drive since I get some nasty car sickness. BLEH!

I was thinking about having shirts made, would anyone be interested in this?

We could get like Rat Shack Fest 2009 on the front and our shack names on the back...or something like that, What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back