Rat Shack Fest??? *see other thread*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:sad3: hope you all have fun................... :cry3: I wanna come to.......Oh well lots of pictures will have to do. Everyone have a drink for me......

I also was thinking of organizing a "RatFest". viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5609
The biggest problem is that our members are so spread out! We could start with a single day event but I'd love to work it out so that it's a weekend event at some point. That way people from out of town would be more able to attend.

I organized a family reunion a few years ago and rented a Girl Scout Camp for the weekend (off season). It was a very inexpensive. It cost less than $50 per person for the weekend & it included 2 nights "accomodation" and all the food we needed. Of course this idea could be blended so both day trippers or overnighters could attend.

If you want to make it a single day event I would suggest renting a group picnic area at a Provincial Park. Or, if the decision is made to hold it in Toronto, then I would suggest High Park.

On the other hand, Moon's offer sure sounds attractive!

I think we need to form a "planning committee".

Oh Elizabeth, you make a great point. For the family reunion I went to this summer we got a great space at a provincial park outside Aliston, we bathrooms and lots of bbq area. It cost about $200, and the space was beautiful.

I'd be more than willing to pay a large chunk of the rental at a space like what I mentioned. I'll have to see if I can find out what the name of that particular park was again.

We need to find somewhere so that those are driving in for the day don't have to drive TOO long... it needs to be centralish.

MumsyRat said:
I also was thinking of organizing a "RatFest". http://www.jorats.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5609
The biggest problem is that our members are so spread out! We could start with a single day event but I'd love to work it out so that it's a weekend event at some point. That way people from out of town would be more able to attend.

I organized a family reunion a few years ago and rented a Girl Scout Camp for the weekend (off season). It was a very inexpensive. It cost less than $50 per person for the weekend & it included 2 nights "accomodation" and all the food we needed. Of course this idea could be blended so both day trippers or overnighters could attend.

If you want to make it a single day event I would suggest renting a group picnic area at a Provincial Park. Or, if the decision is made to hold it in Toronto, then I would suggest High Park.

On the other hand, Moon's offer sure sounds attractive!

I think we need to form a "planning committee".

I agree! A planning committee is NEEDED!!!
Mumsy, you on board then? Moon? who else????
:giggle:

I know Jo will probably only be in for a day trip, same with Shelagh.

I also know Gina would be dying to come :D

Depending when it is I can come. I can make it a weekend deal. I am sure there would be somewhere close by that I could make it a extended holiday.

ann

I'd be happy to help! Just say the word....

And since I'm an old lady who's been at her job for way too long I have 5 weeks vacation coming to me. And my kids will babysit my rats, cats & dog so I can go anywhere, anytime!
(Except for the week of August 7 - 15th. I'll be in New York to attend another special event.... NASCAR at Watkins Glen!)

I am really liking the idea of an overnight shindig, and Camp Adelaide sounds like a great venue. But we'd need quite a few bodies to fill the spaces.

Camp Adelaide is really only one of many. I chose it for my family reunion because I needed one of their bigger facilities and also it was relatively convenient for us to get to. But there are lots of others and the price to rent them is unbeatable! Here's a good site to take a look at them:

http://www.click2map.com/maps/guidemaps/GGC

wow, you guys! it sounds like fun, too bad I have to work all summer to pay off student debts :cry3: and my ride will be back at work (road construction)
I miss you guys I wish I had more time to post and not just lurk every once and awhile :panic:
Take lots of pics for me :joy: :stickpoke:

:threadjacked:

henry's_mum said:
NASCAR?????
MAN you're LUCKY!!!!
Stoopid rain during the Daytona 500, I was NOT a happy camper!!!!
:redhot:
You're in! You're on the committee!!
:giggle:
did you FINALLY get my money? :oops:

Hey, I'm still looking for a travelling companion!

My friends who went to Martinsville with me last year can't make Watkin's Glen, although we might do Lowe's in October.

You're right about Daytona. What a mess! I thought the Shoot Out was much better! I cheered when Jr. wrecked stoopid Kyle though!

And, yes, I did get the money! Sorry, I forgot to tell you!

Depending on day and location, I will totally be in on this!!!! I mean I'm only 4hrs from Toronto, I would be willing to drive 5-6ish hours (I mean I've done it for the rats why not for the people..lol)....The thing is I think you need a passport to travel to Canada now...I am worried about how much that will cost :sad3:

Hi Chicky 82,
I will keep an eye on this reunion. If anyway possible you can catch a ride with me if you could get the weekend off. Will email you when things are finalized and if I can go the weekend that they choose.

Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back