Momma - Play Hard Beautiful, R.I.P <3

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have called my vet. He is in surgery atm, left all the info with his personal vet ast. My vet is pretty good at giving me what I request. So keep fingers crossed.

He is actually taking a month off due to a family illness. I really hate when people say things like I doubt he will ..he has never turned down a request yet ..if he can do it, he will ..if not then I will have to stick with the Pred ..like people have been using before they found out about this new med.

Ratty Momma said:
I have called my vet. He is in surgery atm, left all the info with his personal vet ast. My vet is pretty good at giving me what I request. So keep fingers crossed.

He is actually taking a month off due to a family illness. I really hate when people say things like I doubt he will ..he has never turned down a request yet ..if he can do it, he will ..if not then I will have to stick with the Pred ..like people have been using before they found out about this new med.

Dr Munn had a bit of a hard time getting it from the pharmacy, and your vet won't be around to follow up is what I mean.

Just great, so a prescription cannot be written for it? ..guess I won't be getting it then. Dr. D. is going off on stress leave for atleast a month or longer if needs be ..I am going to be screwed if I need anything other than Pred, Baytril or Doxy.

Ratty Momma said:
Just great, so a prescription cannot be written for it? ..guess I won't be getting it then. Dr. D. is going off on stress leave for atleast a month or longer if needs be ..I am going to be screwed if I need anything other than Pred, Baytril or Doxy.

a prescription can be written but its a human medication, you need to get the tablets only and my vet had to call the pharmacy twice to get his prescription filled. I have no idea if they would just fill out one for you to get, as he isn't a human doctor.

I always get prescriptions written by my vet for inhalers/doxy and Zithro ..I always bring them there myslef and get them filled.

She is back to the way she was the day after the stroke ..very limp & tired :sad3:

She is still eating Baby Cereal mixed with Ensure.

lilspaz68 said:
Ratty Momma said:
She is back to the way she was the day after the stroke ..very limp & tired :sad3:

She is still eating Baby Cereal mixed with Ensure.

The pred has to build up in her system again.

That's the best news I'v heard all day ..I hate this :sad3:

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

She's still pretty as ever :heart:

So, my vet never called back :sad3:

I have called every vet clinic ..no one see's rats.

I don't know what to do :cry4:

Poor girl. I wish rats were never breed to be sick in the first place. :(
But on the good side Momma is very lucky to have you to watch over her.

I'm sorry guys ..I really am ...this is just so hard for me ..and not having a vet don't make it any easier ..I don't know if my vet will ever return to work ..

:sad3: :sad3: :sad3:
:cry4: :cry4: :cry4:

I have never cried so much before in my life.

Momma is so weak ..she can't get up, there's no life left in her ..

Ratty Momma said:
I'm sorry guys ..I really am ...this is just so hard for me ..and not having a vet don't make it any easier ..I don't know if my vet will ever return to work ..

:sad3: :sad3: :sad3:
:cry4: :cry4: :cry4:

I have never cried so much before in my life.

Momma is so weak ..she can't get up, there's no life left in her ..

You will need to syringe water and ensure into her until she can eat on her own again.

Chin up! You can't crap out on Momma now - you have to suck it up and be strong for her, and give her lots of love and attention. It really sucks not to have a good vet nearby, but there's really not much he could do for her anyway. It's up to Momma and nature. Hang in there!

She is eating on her own, off myy finger. But only ensure and ensure and baby cereal ..Iv been giving her bots of water from the syringe as well!

Joanne said:
Chin up! You can't crap out on Momma now - you have to suck it up and be strong for her, and give her lots of love and attention. It really sucks not to have a good vet nearby, but there's really not much he could do for her anyway. It's up to Momma and nature. Hang in there!

The next vet, is Nova Scotia or something like that.

There's nothing is can ever do, I'll admitt it, my vet is useless but atleast I can get medication ..as for the dosing ..he might as well go back to vet school.

and your right, I have to be strong for Mommas sake. Thank-You.

Joanne was right, I really cannot crap out on Momma when she needs me the most. Me crying & being upset is not helping her. She just had about half a syringe full of water, some ensure mixed with baby cereal and some flax seed oil on a spoon. She is now resting in her pink elephant on the couch.

I really hope the pred sets in soon :heart:

Back