Momma - Play Hard Beautiful, R.I.P <3

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went through the thread and came very close from tears... especially from seeing your bond with Momma and remembering how it was with my Fivela... let me send all the good vibes possible to Momma <3

Update:

Momma got her dex shot and sub q fluids 7:30 last night ..at that point she was not walking, just dragging. About two hours later she ate alot of baby cereal mixed with ensure and two syringes of water. This morining, I got up to find her walking around the cage (like a drunk) ..she ate alot of baby cereal and ensure again and had two syringes of water. I have been sleeping on the couch with her since, getting up every hour syringe feeding her ensure and water ..its very messy, so I have wiped her down a couple of times ..which perks her up and gets her cleaning with some help from me holding her up. She also wanted to get on the floor and explor, so thats what we did, she wandered around like a drunk again, now shes sleeping on the couch again. She's still rather tired, but she's a little bit better today ..still looking like a sad trout though. Keep the healing vibes coming :heart: :heart: :D

At least she's eating great! It's hard when they start refusing food. I hope she continues to enjoy her time with you for as long as possible. :hugs:

Another Update:

Momma is still doing okay. Still very tired and wobbly, but is still eating ensure from the syringe and ensure mixed with baby cereal from my fingers. She is still cleaning herself too, even though she keeps falling over, she just kinds stays where she falls and continues cleaning, lol.

We only started her back on the pred 2 nights ago, yesterday she had the dex and she just had pred about an hour ago ..I hoping tomorrow there might be some improvement. But as of right now, she seems content and happy ...minus looking a lil goofy ..she's still my pretty girl :heart:

This is heartbreaking to go through :sad3:

Keep sending healing vibes, they are working :heart:

:hugs: hugs to you -- it sounds like she's soaking in and responding to all the love and care she has from you. A beautiful old girl. Positive energy and strength to you both...along with a gentle ear rub or cheek stroke for Momma. :heart:

:heart: :heart:

When I say Ensure, I actually mean Glucerna ..the same thing as ensure but less sugar. :wallbang:

Picture Update:

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0958-1.jpg

IMG_0959-1.jpg

IMG_0970-1.jpg

IMG_0974-1.jpg

Sweet little Momma, it is hard to think of her going through all that. I am glad that she is getting a reprieve, and now that she is eating and drinking she will have a better chance to stay strong. Thinking of you and your sweet girl. ((hugs))

When do you know it's time with PT?

There is no change in Momma at all today, she still eats if you put the syringe to her mouth or you put a spoon right under her mouth ..but she's blank ..like she knows nothing is going on ..sometimes I wonder if she knows I'm here ..she's just so ..blank

She does not look to be in pain ..she look's as she feels nothing

:sad3: :sad3: :sad3: :sad3:

IMG_0975-1.jpg

Ugh, I hate PT so much!

:hugs: to you both at this tough time.

I can't really help you out with when you think it is time. That is a very personal decision that varies depending on who you are. I always believe that you will just know it is time when you have to make it.

Still sending tonnes of healing vibes though!!

:hugs: I'm so sorry, Ratty Momma. If she was mine I would make the final decision although my vet did tell me she doesn't think they suffer with PT and it's ok to let them pass at home. But when they stop eating I bring them in.

She's still eating on her own by syringe and she still takes her baby food and meds off a spoon, I have just never delt with PT before, so I really don't know what to expect.

Back