Momma - Play Hard Beautiful, R.I.P <3

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Momma is breaking my heart. :sad3:

I've had a few PT rats pass away at home. My vet and another vet has agreed as well that with PT or other neurological event they don't believe the rats feel pain. It's like they have a shut off valve, an enzyme?
You can take this time for extra cuddles and closure.

:heart:
IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0982-1.jpg

I am SO sorry that you and Momma are going through such a horrible time.
I had quite a few of my ratties go through PT and it never gets any easier.
My Delilah went through the same thing and the only comfort I had was knowing that she went at home with me.
Hold her and love her, It may not seem like very much to you but to Momma your her whole world. :heart:
:cuddle:

I am so sorry. This is really heartbreaking, especially after her rally. With mine, I only take them in if they cannot eat/drink, if they are immobilized and obviously distressed, or if they develop trouble breathing. I had two who were immobilized (one was PT, one had probably had a stroke and didn't recover) and they had no quality of life. It went on for over a day, and so I made the decision for them.

Thanks guys. Momma cannot walk at all today, she can still clean her face and a bit of her sides ..until she falls.
She will still eat her meds off a spoon mixed with blueberry baby food and she is still eating Ensure out of a syringe.

She has gone from 280 grams to 264 grams in just 4 days ..I think it's soon her time ..my vet is taking a break from apts and only doing surgerys ..i am calling him tomorrow to see if he can see momma and help her to the bridge ..she has no quailty of life and it's killing me ..I have spent the last 24 hours with her on my chest ..and i will spend the remaining ones the same way :heart:

Oh Hunny, your pictures made me cry. I am so upset for you right now. I am so sorry, you gave her your all and she knows you love her. :cry4: I will keep you and her in my thoughts. :sad3:

I was in Contact with my vet, he has agreed to help Momma on her journy to rainbow bridge tomorrow :heart:

That last photo just cracked my heart into pieces. Ah geez, I was hoping that Momma would pull through. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

With my own PT boy Cas, I knew he wasn't in pain. He passed away at home, in my daughters sookie blanket that he loved so much, with mine and Joe's hands on him. I know he felt no pain, but my heart broke for him. The life in his eyes were gone, and I knew that he didn't like being that way. If I could have, I would have brought him in. My mother always said, animals and children suffer in silence. They don't show whats really going on, you cant hear them say "I'm tired, I'm broken and I don't want to be this way" ya know? I think you are doing the best thing for Momma hun, you tried everything and she loves you for that. Although I am sure both you and Momma would love to wave a wand and be back to the old days, letting her go is the next best thing. My heart breaks a million times for you, you have no idea. If I were there, I would cry with you. Sending all my love, hugs, prayers to you both. Please, tell Momma everyone here at the rat shack will miss her, loves her, and wishes her the best on her next journey. May she keep my Stewart company, I am sure he will show her the way.
:hugs: :heart:

yep, reading about your last night with mama has me in tears too...
just last month I lost my Pudgy girl AND my Pixie within a week of each other, to PT and I'm still heartbroken over them...
I feel your pain Renée, cuddle with your sweetie all you can tonight....

Thank you everyone for your kind words :heart:

This has been heart breaking for me. Momma came to me from pets unlimite (she was bough, and brought back when her family no longer wanted he), to be friends with Alice ..another pets unlimited rat. Momma has 6 wonderful babies 21 days after she came home ..shortly after we had to make that tough decision for Alice (she was a breeding rat for pets unlimited, an older girl who needed some love in her life).

I'll always remember the day we went to get Momma ..we went over to the horrid tanks they are kept in ..she popped up right away saying "pick me" ..so thats what we did. We named her Abby, but soon after she had her babes, the name Momma stuck!

Momma is leaving behind her 3 sons, Toby, Oscar & Teddy, her adopted friends Bella, Hannah & Scamper ..and the strangers accross the room, Eve, Bug & Chloe. She will join her long lost friend from 18 months ago Alice & her children, Bruno, Hunter & Sophie and the friend she never got to meet, Tucker.

Momma is estimated to be 27 - 28 months, but could be older. She has been with me for 21 wonderful months ..but was fully grown when she came home.

Thank you baby girl for picking me, it has been a wonderful 21 months :heart:

I'll love you always.

Here are the last pictures:

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_1004-1.jpg

IMG_1013-1.jpg

I can't say thank-you enough for your kinds words. Momma is enjoying all her kisses, hugs and rubes from all of you :heart:

Back