Momma - Play Hard Beautiful, R.I.P <3

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The closest vet in NS to you that looks at rats is mine, in Sydney. Its only 10mins from the NFLD ferry, come visit! Sending my love to you and momma, still praying for her :heart:

PitLuvs said:
The closest vet in NS to you that looks at rats is mine, in Sydney. Its only 10mins from the NFLD ferry, come visit! Sending my love to you and momma, still praying for her :heart:

If I could just up and go, I would, Id be there as fast as I could.

Mount Pearl.

I have called all vets in the mount pearl, St, Johns, CBS, Paradise, Bay Roberts and Clarenvill Areas ..no one is experienced in rats. One place here in St. Johns see's them but ..my friend once went there and they told her, that her rat needed to be seperated from all people and other rats for two weeks because she was having stress sneezes.

Yup! They said they will see them, but they are not experienced.

Torbay is owned by my vet who owns Sunrise.

Torbay is a great place from what I have heard...my friend Maria works there and they will research and find out what is the best course of action when needed. They will also listen to the owner for advice/concerns.

Kimber said:
Torbay is a great place from what I have heard...my friend Maria works there and they will research and find out what is the best course of action when needed. They will also listen to the owner for advice/concerns.

Like I said my vet, owns Torbay Road & Sunrise Animal Hosiptals. The other guy who looks after rats ..looked after Hunter ..he said Hunter had and ear infection ..when it was bowel cancer ..he actually refused to see ue for an ER visit. This guy sticks with what he knows and does not want any suggestions.

& I sure am not taking her to a place that tells you to seprate them from all humans and rats because they have stress sneezes.

Right now I have unlimited refils on Pred, Baytril and Doxy from my vet clinic ..so I'm okay for now. If worst came to worst I will go somewhere else if need be.

Just so everyone knows, I have called up to 4 hours away ..with NO LUCK of finding a vet ..

There are lots of places that will see rabbits but not rats!!

If I could find someone else I would TRUST ME!

Its really fustrating when people keep telling me find another one ..when there is none to be found!

Back from the vet, got a dex shot and sub Q fluids!

Lilspaz, do I give pred tonight? and still 0.28?

I was just talking to Lilspaz, she said not until tomorrow night. My vet also told me tomorrow.

I will be spending the rest of the night on the couch with my baby girl. Please send healing vibes our way :heart:

I'm glad to hear she has been getting lots of fluids. One of the most important things you can do is keep her hydrated. I hope she bounces back for you. I think it's pretty common to have good and bad days, so hopefully she's on the way back up.

PT is breaking my heart.

Pictures:

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0937-1.jpg

IMG_0938-1.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

She's still eating when I feed her off my fingers (ensure and baby cereal, and I am syringe feeding water and ensure) ..I hope she feels better in the morining after some sleep ..keep thoese healing vibes coming :heart:

Back