Luke - abscess - nother one-different area pg 9

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh lord. I learned from neuters that not all vets are good rat vets. I hope you have a better rat vet available where you are?

First & foremost I just send the most hopeful healing love to Luke :kisses: Be ok baby.

Just got home from the game. Luke appears to be doing well, I put him on white towls before I left so I could check for blood. No blood in the urine from what I see and he is quite happy to eat and give me kisses so I guess he is fine *phew*

Luke's doing great now! Healed up nicely!! I got Luke about 2 or 3 months ago, he is a big pew not very friendly at all with others of his kind, or humans but we have bonded and he is quite a sweet ratter!!

Oh Luke! I'm so glad you are finally feeling better kiddo! :banana: (appropriate smiley I think :lol: ) It's been a rough road for you and your mom, but I bet you've learned that you're the centre of the universe and ought to be spoiled rotten! Never forget that.
Congratulations mamarat2!!!

Ok, back to square one.....

I was just checking over the herd tonight and noticed some swelling near Lukes' penis or rather the prepuce. It seems as if it is just to the bottom left of the prepuce. He wouldn't let me do a plug check but he is still eating and drinking, he is currently on a pee watch. Though I would think if he was having problems with urinating he would be off of his food?

Ayway gave him a nice soak in the sink. I'm guessing this is related to his neuter as it is in a different spot than the original one.

No vets tonight, I just talked to one of my vet techs where we go for normal hours and our doctor is there in the morning so he will be getting dropped off for the day.

Gave him a hefty dose of baytril to get the ball rolling.

NO MORE ABSCESSES!

Jen, have you tried Novotrimel/bactrim/septra?

It has always worked wonders for abscesses.
Once on another forum, this one lady, her rat kept having abscesses, finally she decided to try the Septra and it never came back.

Back