Luke - abscess - nother one-different area pg 9

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shelter told us he will be a year this September, but both vets he has seen agree he seems to look older. Either way he is turning into a sweety, time and patience!

Yes I think he looks older too. But let's hope he's younger and he'll be with you longer. Time, patience and your love and care!!

Awww, hello baby :love4: There's lots of love and good vibes coming to you from so many places. Just absorb it all and feel good, little guy.

He had his last visit to the vet for the week and she said it looks/feels much better. To me it even felt much smaller this morning the blister area. So he is still on baytril and we are to look for any discharge from the prepuce but overall he seems to be in much better spirits and no more vet visits for Mr Luke! I told my vet :urock:

Luke goes back tomorrow to have his lovely abscess drained. The "blister" never fully went away. Fine with me if it is still there but it seems to still be fluid filled so he is getting dropped off at the vet tomorrow so they can give him iso and lance it....poor man will be staying overnight as I have plans to be out of town tomorrow night and they would not do the lancing on Saturday. We could use some healing vibes for Luke and stress relief as he will not be amused to be there overnight but it's gotta be done!

mamarat2 said:
Well as I suspected (yay for abscesses!) it was an abscess! The vet had to give him a touch of isoflurane and then he aspirated it and got the ooze out. Told me to start abs, oh wait I already did, I keep surprising this vet.

The vet and I still have not established the full trust thing yet, where he realizes I have a clue but we are getting there I think!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEW!!!! What a relief!!!! :dance:

lilspaz68 said:
mamarat2 said:
lilspaz68 said:
Awww...he even looks uncomfy in that pic. :p

Healing vibes from me too! :heart:

Oh beleive me Shelagh, that rat ain't uncomfy, he is quickly adjusting to being spoiled, ROTTEN!

:love6:

LOLOL...Oh I am very sure of that!!! How's his attitude now?

pardon me... it's called a "rattitude".

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

(LOL... sorry...LMAO!!!!) :D

jennifervb said:
lilspaz68 said:
mamarat2 said:
lilspaz68 said:
Awww...he even looks uncomfy in that pic. :p

Healing vibes from me too! :heart:

Oh beleive me Shelagh, that rat ain't uncomfy, he is quickly adjusting to being spoiled, ROTTEN!

:love6:

LOLOL...Oh I am very sure of that!!! How's his attitude now?

pardon me... it's called a "rattitude".

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

(LOL... sorry...LMAO!!!!) :D
Pardon me but I have a thing about that word, lol (inside joke for some who know).

Have to keep this brief because I am heading bak out to pick hubby up from work. Vet called me at 1 at work and told me that the surgery was done but that she was concerned that she cut/damaged his penis in some way! HOLY WTF?

She said we had to wait until he woke up to see if he was stilla ble to urinate or if he had any problems with his penis. I about ran out of work to the vet. Got to the vet, he peed. This is more involved than I have time to type but she wanted to ecollar him and I told her no on my way over, I get there and she says he will not keep the ecollar on, HENCE why I said NO.

So how did she damage his penis? She said that in the midst of cleaning the capsule out of the abscess and pulling all this "junk"out she realized that his penis was right below where she was working, it popped around the other way. Her words not mine. I can't even begin to express my curent foul mood with this whole thing.

When I went in the back to get him, after he was awake and all I asked is he had pain meds as this would stop him from chewing, oh pain meds nope forgot (again WTF). Got him some buprenex by injection before we left and some to give him after the game. I am so insanely PO'ed right now, we still don't know if he is ok. And I can't check him to see "what/if" she cut something internally because on top of the whole thing SHE GLUED THE ABSCESS INCISION SHUT. I asked why she didn't leave it open and her response was that he would chew on it, HONESTLY, my thought process is that he is more prone to chew on glue!!!!!

Prayers and healing thoughts for Luke. aybe this is why I was having such issues with wanting to leave him there today. :tantrum: :argue:

And as an afterthought, I have been to this vet before and I'm just at a loss for words. I know I am happy Luke is ok and home. But she told me if they attempt this again that he would need a catheter on him so she could know where his penis was the whole time. Ummhell no. And besides last time I checked its extremely hard to cath a rat bladder.

The blister itself was not over the penis/prepuce.

Oh Jen I am sooo sorry!!! :shock: Your RatMom instincts were screaming at you weren't they?

I hope he's alright!!!

I'll be online as soon as I get home, but PM me here if you need to rant :(

Back