How Did You Find the Rat Shack??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Did You Find the Rat Shack?

• Personal Invite (me, Jo, etc)

• Clicking on Rat Shack logo in Sig's

• Vanessa's MySpace Writeup (awesome!!!)

• Word of Mouth from other new members?

• YouTube videos and other links

Results are only viewable after voting.
I honestly have no idea. I joined last October, but only started really visiting and posting this week. Most likely it was google. I started posting as I made the same post for help here and on my usual form, goosemoose, and found that I nearly instantly had extremely useful help here, and I never received a reply on goose. I've been an active member there for well over a year, and love many features of the forum, but think this one is much more useful for getting help when you need it.

Pink

Well, ya know... I really don't actually remember HOW I found Rat Shack. I did a search on 'rat forums' or 'rat message boards' or something like that and found it that way first. I lurked. I lurked a LONG time! :stickpoke: But then lilspaz invited me and I lurked a little bit longer, but then joined. I'm glad I did! :joy: It is fun and informative here.

Anita

I was looking up information for care for my little girl. I found the information site and clicked on a forum thinking "Oh! Forum on RATS!!!" so here I am ^.^

I was doing research on rats and finally set my heart on having them for pets....just had to convince the hubby :whip: SO! - I set out with my evil plan of looking up the CUTEST pictures of rats I could find and the MOST PRECIOUS videos of how intelligent and interactive ratties are...so I was lead to Jo's video's on youtube...and it led me here to stalk and and read up even more. Finally broke out of my quiet shy shell and joined the forum and I'm so happy I did! :cuddle: This is the BEST group of people around and I wouldn't procrastinate my housework with anyone else :giggle: hehehe I <3 the rat shack!!

I had lost 9 animals in 9 months, when Opal was PTS in March. She was the last of my group of 7 rats and the 2nd last of my original 22 pets. I didn't think the "rainbow bridge" crossings would ever end. I tell myself "NO MORE" with every species of animal that die's but yet I'm drawn in by my selfish nature to fill the terrible void each and every one of them has left in my heart. Two months after Opal, I was looking at images of rats, remanissing about their lives and how I really did make a difference, (at least for them) when I came across this forum. I started to read the posts and realized these people (each and everyone of you) feel, laugh and cry RAT just as I do. This forum is not only educational its FUN and thats really what life is all about!
Thank you for letting me be a part of this.

THE NOOB

A friend of mine was using it, and I thought I would join too!
Everyone's so welcoming and helpful. It's easy to turn to people here when I'm unsure about something, whereas I am a new rat owner.
By far the most friendly online forum I've ever used!

Googled: "rat+forum+canada"
First link was "pet rats Canada"

They have a link on the side called "rat forums"

The Rat Shack is the very first one in that list ^_^

Originially posted by Frank Rizzo on http://thescambaiter.com
LOL, I think my in-laws are going for the cast of "The Ten Commandments", including the extras! They're up to 40 rats in 6 cages now! Good thing they're retired now.

I'm really glad to hear you're getting cage mates for Molly. They're highly social animals, and they can get very stressed out if kept alone for any length of time. Three is a good minimum amount. You'll find the boys to be more mellow and will be on you more, while the girls are more energetic and all over the place. My wife and her sister formed a pet rat forum (www.jorats.com), where you can find tons of info on caring for them and get some expert advice if you have any problems. You need to register to view all the forums though.

That's how I got here :)
True story.

The great rat train of 2008 from which my current boys Nietzsche, Lucretius and Sprite found their forever home. I think Shelagh suggested I join... or was it Moon....hmmmm...not sure so I'll credit and thank you both!

dl
:happydance:

Wow... that is too funny... Frank Rizzo aka Ric is my brother in law.

Scandalous said:
Originially posted by Frank Rizzo on http://thescambaiter.com
LOL, I think my in-laws are going for the cast of "The Ten Commandments", including the extras! They're up to 40 rats in 6 cages now! Good thing they're retired now.

I'm really glad to hear you're getting cage mates for Molly. They're highly social animals, and they can get very stressed out if kept alone for any length of time. Three is a good minimum amount. You'll find the boys to be more mellow and will be on you more, while the girls are more energetic and all over the place. My wife and her sister formed a pet rat forum (http://www.jorats.com), where you can find tons of info on caring for them and get some expert advice if you have any problems. You need to register to view all the forums though.

That's how I got here :)
True story.

When I adopted my 3 boys from Lilratsy (Lauren) which soon Multiplied to many more, She recommended this site for info and Fun. I visit ASAP and then Registered....I was so excited the stayed loged on all day reading more and more...Like I had no Life!

I love it here, I love the info and the pics and of course the RATZ and the Rat People here!

:happydance: :heart: Love it here

Back