How Did You Find the Rat Shack??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Did You Find the Rat Shack?

• Personal Invite (me, Jo, etc)

• Clicking on Rat Shack logo in Sig's

• Vanessa's MySpace Writeup (awesome!!!)

• Word of Mouth from other new members?

• YouTube videos and other links

Results are only viewable after voting.
I get a little sad when I think of all the times I give this link to people looking to adopt or adopting out rats, and very few seem to come.

Remember Bron, many of them may sign up but just not post. Maybe your giving them the link has taught them that rats are NOT the pet for them... and that is one less rat that was bought in a pet store and dumped in the street :thumbup:

moon said:
Remember Bron, many of them may sign up but just not post. Maybe your giving them the link has taught them that rats are NOT the pet for them... and that is one less rat that was bought in a pet store and dumped in the street :thumbup:

Haha thank you for looking at it that way. :D I feel a bit better. ;) I pulled PetGuy in but now that Bailey's gone to her new home and his two boys have a likely home set up, I don't know if he'll hang around, lol.

And thank YOU Tara! :)

I'm pretty sure I found y'all through youtube. But however it happened, I am so thankful for the Shack. Everyone is so nice and helpful. I feel at home here.

Melissa

Good question, She! :joy:

I found out about The Rat Shack when I was surfing Google. I typed in keyword "Rat Forum" and the link to your site came up. I was all like, "Awesome!" when I saw how great of an online community this was and how friendly the members were. So I said, "Why not?" :happydance:

I found my way here through youtube I think. I needed info on rats and introducing babies to adults...I saw Jorats videos and watched every one but didn't find out about the rat shack for quite a while. I needed a place where I could get the right information from people who know from experience...and found a different forum before this one that I didn't particularly like. Even though I have had rats as pets for more than ten years I was by far not an expert, in that i always had single rats. Now I have four and I am waiting to adopt a rescue hopefully soon-so it is my first time with a group of rats. This forum has been a lifesaver and the info and friends I have found here are priceless, together they have enabled me to give my ratties the best life possible.
I think the first time I actually laid eyes on the ratr shack was from doing a search for rat info-and I only glanced at the site for a minute. Then, back on youtube while watching more of Jo's videos over again I saw something about the rat shack and checked it out again-I also think wonderrodent mentioned something to me about it....anyway-that's how I got here and my butt is firmly planted and I ain't goin' no wheres else!! :thumbup:

I orginally joined the Canada-Rat-Adoption yahoo group "back in the day" (less than one year ago :giggle:) when I started researching rats as pets for my teenage daughter. I struck up an e-mail relationship with several members of that group and one in particular (Hi, moon!) kept encouraging me to join this Forum. I resisted ... having had unpleasant experiences with dog forums I had joined in the past and not wanting to go down that particular road again. I finally succumbed to moon's persistence and much to my delight discovered that it was not so with this Forum - so I stayed! This Forum is exactly what Jo envisioned it to be back when it was first launched ... a fun, safe, nonjudgmental place we can all go to learn about rat care and share our experiences with like-minded individuals! :thumbup:

You guys are making me feel so proud and happy... there have been some low times when I thought maybe it was a bad idea.
Thanks for reminding me that this place is a good place. :grouphug:

I found the link on Pet Rats Canada. I was looking for a new forum since Goosemoose seems to be down at the moment. I'm seeing quite a few familiar names. :joy:

jorats said:
You guys are making me feel so proud and happy... there have been some low times when I thought maybe it was a bad idea.
Thanks for reminding me that this place is a good place. :grouphug:

Oh, were there some low times for you? The RS is nice and lively now, it seems to have enough members that when regular posters don't post as frequently the conversations and posts keep flowing. The group is still very nice, even when heated debates occur.

Back