How Did You Find the Rat Shack??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Did You Find the Rat Shack?

• Personal Invite (me, Jo, etc)

• Clicking on Rat Shack logo in Sig's

• Vanessa's MySpace Writeup (awesome!!!)

• Word of Mouth from other new members?

• YouTube videos and other links

Results are only viewable after voting.

lilspaz68

Its been wonderful to see new faces and old faces combined, joining and posting on the Rat Shack. I was just insanely curious as to how everyone "got" here?

If there's another way you found us, please let us know!! :wink2:

The Rat Shack was made in a split second decision.
I wanted a place where all kinds of ideas can be discussed, I'm especially interested in new medicines or procedures, anything that will help prolong the rat's life.

I think the Rat Shack will always be a work in progress, as everything should be.
I also want everyone to feel welcome here and that they are able to discuss anything they feel the need to share. Members should feel like this forum belongs to them as much as it belongs to the admins. :thumbup:

Lil Spaz invited me!

I am glad she did too!

I am able to learn more here...

One of the forums I mod on, the admin doesn't want us to give out info on ratties because she would rather them be sent to links (now I know where to send people ;) ) Mainly because she doesn't want flame wars to start and she doesn't want people to be giving out info if it is wrong...and also because most people ask for medical advice, and we are not vets. That is her main concern...misinformation

The other 2 I mod are still new, not that many people at all....

So Thanks for the lovely and helpful site!

I believe it was lilspaz too, I got a PM on the other site and as Jo helped me when I was freaking out with my Chimo :heart: I thought I'd join and I wasn't impressed with the other site, I'm not good with forums and I'm always afraid that I would accidentally offend someone and I don't like having to watch not stepping on toes :x so the Rat Shack seemed like a good place to explore and just be :D

Ditto. :D Shelagh and Jo are my heroes! :heart:

Edit: I forgot what I dittoed...But it's still true. :/

Edit #2: Oh I dittoed the personal invite. Wow this was pointless...

Mamarat2 posted on the small angels website (which no offense is not exactly active) and I was really happy to find a group to learn and grow with. So a BIG thanks to Mamarat2!

Rattielove9 said:
One of the forums I mod on, the admin doesn't want us to give out info on ratties because she would rather them be sent to links (now I know where to send people ;) ) Mainly because she doesn't want flame wars to start and she doesn't want people to be giving out info if it is wrong...and also because most people ask for medical advice, and we are not vets. That is her main concern...misinformation

The link can be just as wrong as me saying something wrong directly - I know you are not vets but I sure have got some VERY good advice, and when in panic-troubles I don't always look everywhere, I like that I can just panic and ask 'what should I do'

I was kidnapped by lilspaz68 like many others - and thankyou for that :D

Could anyone put links to the other options (for my curriosity)

Bati said:
Rattielove9 said:

The link can be just as wrong as me saying something wrong directly - I know you are not vets but I sure have got some VERY good advice, and when in panic-troubles I don't always look everywhere, I like that I can just panic and ask 'what should I do'

I was kidnapped by lilspaz68 like many others - and thankyou for that :D

Could anyone put links to the other options (for my curriosity)

Do you mean the other rat forums out there Bati?
I can't see that being a problem :)

I woke in the middle of the night to total silence. No wheel, no paper-shredding... The bedroom door was open and nobody was in the cage :shock:
I came into the living room and found my girls on the computer - here at The Rat Shack - looking at pics of all your handsome boys....

Fidget said:

I woke in the middle of the night to total silence. No wheel, no paper-shredding... The bedroom door was open and nobody was in the cage :shock:
I came into the living room and found my girls on the computer - here at The Rat Shack - looking at pics of all your handsome boys....
:rofl4:

Bati, we are just discussing what method you were able to find and join the Rat Shack. You got an invite from me, but the signature was Jorats and she has a link to the forum when she posts on other forums. Vanessa has a My Space page with Jo's sig/pic/link to the rat forum as well as her writeup. :)

http://www.myspace.com/vanessa1969

Back