How cold is it?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jorats said:
Lina, it's soon to be winter for you guys, am I right?

Yes :sad3:

I like frosty days when the sun shines all day and the air is nice and crisp, but I don't like the rain and cold and wind (storms) all at the same time. July and August usally are our coldest months so the snow on the hills and the hail and sleet we saw last Friday and Saturday is usual but the sun is shinning again today :joy:

This morning it's 3 degrees celcius and foggyyyyyyy. (I live in Australia.)

And I feel gross. I have a cold AND I didn't sleep at all last night... but don't want to sleep all day today either because then I'll be in an awful sleeping habit again. Gah.

I don't envy you two... but, even sadder, it's almost summer and we have snow in the forecast. I may have to crawl under a rock and die there. :gaah:

Well today has been weird... it's freezing and frosty and foggy, yet also storming severly (and the winds are out of control) and the humidity is very very high. When I wokr up I just thought it was gonna be very still and cold, with just about no humidity. THis year has been a weird one for weather so far. I just hope we have a normal winter.

Guelph seems to flip from winter to summer within 48 hours, lol. We drove out to the farm which is in Hockley Valley a couple of weeks ago in shorts and t-shirts and I was definitely bitten by a ton of mosquitos. That's a part of winter I liked...no bug bites.

I'm very lucky in that I don't live in a cold area, although we do get 40oC heat in summer, but not all that often. Last winter we did have a few days of frost but that was supposed to be unusual. This will be my 3rd winter in Brisbane (Australia) so I haven't worked out what is normal weather yet. Back where I use to live (Armidale) it gets chilly (-10oC for example), but compared with Canada that's really rather... warm!

On Monday said:
WHY is it suddenly cold out? 0.0 This is cruel. CRUEL.

On Thursday said:
Especially for Jorats!!!

:giggle:

untitled.jpg

KMG365 said:
Poor snowman. It could just be a trick anyway. That branch probably wouldn't support his weight, so I think he'll be sticking around a while longer.

Ummm, I believe I told you so! :nod:

jorats said:
I don't envy you two... but, even sadder, it's almost summer and we have snow in the forecast. I may have to crawl under a rock and die there. :gaah:

Is that normal spring weather? I feel for you guys having to endure that much cold. So much for getting acclimatised to the temperature.

KMG365 said:
On Monday said:
WHY is it suddenly cold out? 0.0 This is cruel. CRUEL.

[quote="On Thursday, April 10th, Jack Sparrow":1rl61s4r]Especially for Jorats!!!

:giggle:

untitled.jpg

KMG365 said:
Poor snowman. It could just be a trick anyway. That branch probably wouldn't support his weight, so I think he'll be sticking around a while longer.

Ummm, I believe I told you so! :nod:[/quote:1rl61s4r]

Seems that Wintermort is getting stronger than Voldemort after all.

Lina, it's most definitely not normal. Our spring is usually around 10 and lots of rain. This year we got 25, no rain and then a huge dip to 0... very very weird.

Our spring has been very, very strange here.... We had GREAT temps last week... getting up into the 70s (all temps in F) and then on Friday and Saturday last week we got, like 8-12 inches of snow! :shock: now this week it's getting nice again, just up to the 60s, and they are talking about light snow this weekend again... something isn't right >.<

Okay. There are growing leaves on the trees, however, my room is so frigid it's one of those morning I really don't know if I can bring myself to creep out from under the covers.

Unfortunately I have to because I have to finish packing by 5 and disassemble the FN, scrubbed down.

*big yawn* I don't drink coffee, but I'll take a cup from anyone who offers it to me! *shivers with cold and fatigue*

Back