How cold is it?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW... SANTA IS NOT REAL!! sorry folks.

That reminds me of a line from 27 Dresses.... "Do you also go around telling small children Santa isn't real? Because someone needs to blow that wide open."

Thanks a lot, Jo. :sad3: *goes on pretending there is a Santa*

:giggle:

jorats said:
If it makes you feel better... Rudolph is real. :wink2:

I strongly disagree about this. Santa is real but Rudolph is fake. If Rudolph was real, then we would see his little shiny nose on Christmas eve. Since no one has reported seeing the shiny nose, then it means that Rudolph is definitely fake.

I know that Santa is real because my students keep telling me that they saw the real Santa.

By the way, did anyone know that Santa travels on a magic broom like Harry Potter? The only reason we don't see him is because he wears a invisibility cloak.

The flying reindeers are just part of a legend. Everyone knows that there is no such thing as flying reindeers.

Parents are probably telling the children about reindeers because it is a lot cuter and that because muggles are not supposed to know about the existence of sorcerers.

And yes, Santa is a sorcerer and he has more power than Voldemort.

:laugh4: Well I can see the winter weather is getting too everyone, making you all go :gaah:

Just to make you jelous we have had the best summer for years :happydance: and while we are now getting rain the weather is still warm. Its sunny today. I am not looking forward to winter.

jorats said:
BTW... SANTA IS NOT REAL!! sorry folks.

"Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus! It would be as dreary as if there were no Virginias. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished."
-Francis P. Church, 1897

There you go folks, Jorats just killed childlike faith! :lol:

Lina said:
Just to make you jelous we have had the best summer for years :happydance: and while we are now getting rain the weather is still warm. Its sunny today. I am not looking forward to winter.

You succeeded in making me jealous! :lol:

I would imagine that winters in New Zealand are still pretty warm?

If the cold & snow has gone on too long and it's really gotten to bore ya
If some sun and tulips & daffodils would give you some happy euphoria
If you're lovin' of rats then dang, that's that! I welcome you & adore ya
I got a futon that needs sleeping on in sunny downtown Victoria!
:thumbup:

:hugs: Cait. Now there's the spirit we need to instill in the one who saves & unites ratties but kills Santa! eek!

Jo! :gaah: I bet you believed in Santa when you'd maxed out your credit cards or borrowed away a couple months groceries to make Santa real xmas morning for the boys when they were young, before they they rotted into teenagers - and agonized until christmas morning when their faith & joy in Santa gave you yours back for the day! (at least until that evening when you agonized about the credit cards or loans again)
As long as there's bull in the world like politicians, and New & Improved on every product, and phone calls that tell you you've won a vacation, and cream that erases lines, and diet products that taste heavenly, you could do worse than believe in Santa! We adults all know that Santa is what we make him :giggle: (Teenagers are no fault of our own)

KMG365 said:
Lina said:

You succeeded in making me jealous! :lol:

I would imagine that winters in New Zealand are still pretty warm?

Well I guess warm by your standants, the area I live in had -10oC frosts last winter and some inland areas can go as low as -20oC. My area doesn't get much snow and when we do it only lasts a few days if that but those who live higher up and inland can get a lot of snow. and of course it seems to snow the most just when the lambs are being born.

Lina said:
Well I guess warm by your standants, the area I live in had -10oC frosts last winter and some inland areas can go as low as -20oC. My area doesn't get much snow and when we do it only lasts a few days if that but those who live higher up and inland can get a lot of snow. and of course it seems to snow the most just when the lambs are being born.

That sounds cold even by our standards. :D I had no idea that your country could get so cold during the winter and I certainly didn't expect that you'd be getting snow - except maybe in the mountains.

There's a freezing rain warning for my area for this morning and it looks like we got about 5cm of snow last night. I'm guessing that we must be close to setting a new snowfall record this year.

It's amazing how our temperatures fluctuate...last week most of our snow had melted and we had daytime highs of over 12 degrees!

Awww... thanks Fidget!

I'm going to need more than reminding me of when my boys were young.
cause it's STILL SNOWING!!! and we have to go out and shovel the driveway!!! :gaah:

Jack Sparrow said:
Parents are probably telling the children about reindeers because it is a lot cuter and that because muggles are not supposed to know about the existence of sorcerers.

And yes, Santa is a sorcerer and he has more power than Voldemort.

Does J.K. Rowling write Christmas stories now? :lol:

Back