CN pictures...show 'em off!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xxchelle said:
To successfully run the rescue, I NEED that many FNs/CNs! (At least, that's why I told my husband...)

It does make it a heck of a lot easier than tons of smaller, harder to clean cages, though.

I can agree with that too! Us we have two double FN (making more like 4 cages in one) and cleaning them takes less time then all my other cages(7 other types of cages) And makes the place look nice and tidy ;)

I can finally take part in this thread! :cheeky:

First set up:
DSC03616.jpg

Today:
DSC03617.jpg

Something about the CN is encouraging them to use their hammies and cuddle more often, though I still have yet to see ALL three together. They like to sleep in pairs... :roll:

35849_660592954520_25914115_38256872_443571_n.jpg

The bright colored hut and food dish are from a fondue set I found at a thrift store. :giggle:

That pink tile by the wheel is a granite tile piece I bought from a used building supply store ($1). The idea was for it to function like a "Chinchiller" ($10) so they could lie on it and cool off, but I haven't seen them do that yet. I've only had them a few days.

And here's a video of them exploring their new CN for the first time:

[youtube:18c2mzjl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8fL356-7tI[/youtube:18c2mzjl]

Dose anyone not use anything on the floors of there cn's?
I am unable to use bedding because it irritates Toby's resp issues, and blankets and fllece get soaked in about 10 min, from them peeing on it ..so I just have litter pans with YN in the cage and leave the floor bear. They hardly ever pee on the bare floor, maybe one spot in a run of a day.

Ratty Momma said:
I am unable to use bedding because it irritates Toby's resp issues, and blankets and fllece get soaked in about 10 min, from them peeing on it ..so I just have litter pans with YN in the cage and leave the floor bear. They hardly ever pee on the bare floor, maybe one spot in a run of a day.

I've tried to go that route and wiping down, but it's too much work for me. My kids tend to grind their lab block dust into urine to make a thick, nearly impossible to scrub paste if I don't put fleece down.

Moon said:
Ratty Momma said:

I've tried to go that route and wiping down, but it's too much work for me. My kids tend to grind their lab block dust into urine to make a thick, nearly impossible to scrub paste if I don't put fleece down.

Gross, haha ..lucky for me my giys eat their lab blocks in their litter pans.

Dazzle87: I love the pink elephant theme. You made the elephant thats there?!
Very nice cage, your ratties would be really busy!

Everyone has such nice cages. I'll have to post pics of mine soon... Feeling pretty lazy right now tho :p

Thank you crumbilina :) I made everything (liners and hammocks) but the elephant. The elephant toy is an ele-fun, its a ferret toy that is a tube with a toy they can bat at inside, its pretty neat and the rats love it. And yes definately post your pics!

Also, I too tried the just wipe method...it was really gross and ineffective for me even wiping it multiple times a day.

Dazzle: Love the pink! and I think I recognize your banner...and your cage...lol I LOVE the CN thread on goosemoose!

alosha said:
That pink tile by the wheel is a granite tile piece I bought from a used building supply store ($1). The idea was for it to function like a "Chinchiller" ($10) so they could lie on it and cool off, but I haven't seen them do that yet. I've only had them a few days.

And I have a question... is the granite like hard edged, wouldnt the sides scratch them if they lay on it?

Haha, yeah I'm smesyna on GM.

I've used granite tiles and they were no more rough than the edges of the chin chiller, but if you are worried about it you can always make a cotton or flannel (cotton is cooler though) cover for it and then there is no way to get scratched :)

I haven't posted pics of my cage in a while and not since I got my new CN pans so I can use aspen.

100_1499.jpg

top half
100_1497.jpg

bottom half
100_1498.jpg

their favourite hidey house
100_1500.jpg

and one of Queen checking out his new cube
100_1501.jpg

Back