CN pictures...show 'em off!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MissGuardian said:
AshleyRayeRats said:
:joy: :joy: :joy:
Got my CN today, made liners for the shelves/trays . . .assembled everything . . . phew :sleepy:

Top Level
5372288002_f692709237_z.jpg
I love the rope thing!
Did you do that yourself? and How do you fasten it?
The cage look great! :thumbup:

Thanks! The ropes are braided strips of fleece. I used dollar store plastic shower hooks (just slipped them through the end knot and clipped to to cage ceiling)

kscanuck785 said:
great job!!
love the teal/lime green combo and specially the little "couch" area :)

Thanks! I love those colors, too. I am always drawn to blues/greens. The little "couch" is a ferret bed I bought a while ago inside a dollar store bin. I am having loads of fun decorating . . .on another note, this cage is so much easier to spot-clean! :D

My boyfriend bought me the new shelves and this pirate ship bed for my birthday! I :heart: him hehe.

So, I have a cute piRATe cage! I have a few other pirate fabrics I've been dying to make sets with, especially since now that I'm using my CN again I need to make larger sets, but I've had so many hammock orders I haven't had time :(

Anyway, enough talking, here's the pics!

pirat003.jpg

pirat001.jpg

pirat002.jpg

Times like these I really regret painting my bass pans pink though :giggle:

Dazzle87 said:
Times like these I really regret painting my bass pans pink though :giggle:

Dont! haha I love it, gives the cage a nice finished look and that oomph of color to compliment the rest of your beautiful creations! I love the pirate fabric too. I have a flat from Chelle with that pattern in Flannel, and I have a yard of cotton here hehe

Haha well thanks. I'm just weird about things matching, at the time I figured all my hammocks would be pink, but I see such cute less girly sets like this pirate fabric! I had to get it lol.

Since I have my foster mom in the top half, my perma-rats are in the bottom half of the CN, so I only decked out that part all matchy matchy
e55cfdb2.jpg

Their new frog toy
5c5a41b7.jpg

04395cf2.jpg

My dog charlie loves the rats and the fact that he can check them out more easily with the CN
0554786c.jpg

I know more of you have to have CN's :stickpoke: lol

I'll go anyway even though I didn't want to since mine was the last one posted haha.

wheelcage007.jpg

wheelcage005.jpg

wheelcage006.jpg

The mushroom house is sweet, but, for in the cage I need to grommet it, I'm so tired of picking it back up LOL Silly rats. They do love that thing though.

I was wondering, how many female rats would a single CN be able to house comfortably? No sites I've checked have the measurments of just the cage, it always includes the shelf.
Since I remember someone saying a double could potentially house 9 or 10, would a single then just be 4 or 5?

KTyne said:
I was wondering, how many female rats would a single CN be able to house comfortably? No sites I've checked have the measurments of just the cage, it always includes the shelf.
Since I remember someone saying a double could potentially house 9 or 10, would a single then just be 4 or 5?

The cage calcs put a double at 12, so a single is 6, but a good rule of thumb is to subtract one from that number. I've had 5 girls in a single and they've been very very comfortable. 6 is doable but not ideal

Back