CN pictures...show 'em off!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooh, i need to get a pic of our other basket, it's open on both ends because it used to be a lampshade, and they LOVE it. I left it out for starters cause it was scented by them, though. They love this one - i filled it with fleece scraps from all the new hammocks and they fight over it! =)

Here are some pics of one of our double CNs. I would love to be able to open it up, but Iris is a little turd with the boys sometimes. :roll: We'll keep having their supervised playtimes together, so maybe one day it'll work. :wink: There are six girls in the top half (four of them very small) and four boys in the bottom.

cuties2010020.jpg

cuties2010001.jpg

cuties2010027.jpg

cuties2010021.jpg

A couple pics of our other double CN. It has nine females living in it. (included in pics are some awesome hammocks that may look familiar for some strange reason :lol2: )

cuties2010047.jpg

cuties2010053.jpg

Gah! You're all making me so jealous!

The only place that has a reasonable price for a new CN is PetSmart.com....but my dad won't let me use his stupid credit card to buy it. I have the money for it, too. >8U!

kayla i doubt those paper towels last too long after the fur kids get in there :lol:

i wish i had a CN! and a sweet bagholder from ikea. :nod:

cuties2010021.jpg

IKEA bag holder....Is that what that blue hanging thing is? I believe I first saw a white one in one of Jo's cages and couldn't figure out what it was or where it came from. Looks like its time to go back to Ikea for the 2nd time in my whole life!
Your cage looks alot like mine Kayla, with all those beige babies running around, but mine seems to be missing that beautiful DUMBO hiding in the corner.
Nice job in the cages.

I'm going to sneak my FN in here because I just cleaned it and I really like how it looks right now. It's got the pan liners I'm testing for MomRat in it and they are so pretty and hopefully they will keep them out from under the fleece! And all my spoiled boys are visible, exploring!

P1010160.jpg

Whee, another avenue to post pictures of my cage! Can't get enough of all these pretty CNs...

I have a single for my speutered crew of four. I take great delight in satisfying my little girl dollhouse urges once a week and decking the cage out in fabrics and toys!

Last week's cage with brand new hammocks from Andie and Chelsey:
Cleaning007a.jpg

Cleaning007b.jpg

The week before, my first with all the new toys from Mainely Rat Rescue:
Cleaning006.jpg

Whoa, nice! Mine looks bare compared to some!

I made a few quilted liners for my crew with some gorgeous fabric I found at 50% off. It's cotton woven but has an inner layer of flannel.

Fevrier2009035.jpg

Fevrier2009036.jpg

Fevrier2009037.jpg

Fevrier2009038.jpg

I added a hanging tent on the top part of the CN today. Most of my ratties do not like the hammocks or tents, they prefer the wicker hut. Still, it adds color.

Oooh, I never posted the other set I made for our boys. =) We lovingly refer to this fleece combination as the Insanity Set.

Same set, two different setups - Boy, do I love the CN's versatility!

4424328298_6aca4837bf.jpg
4423563359_cd4c424455.jpg

Wow, all these cages are awesome, I love the fabrics in them. Good news is, I'm going to get a one level for my man Moose, and I'll use the old cage for newcomers -- I'm planning on getting Moose at least a few pals to keep him company. I can't wait, I finally have enough money. My parents are paying $35 of it and I'm doing chores for a neighbor. Hopefully I'll be able to decorate mine like all of yours. :thumbup:

I apologize if this isn't supposed to be here, but I have a question. Are the doors sturdy? For example, will they open if the rats are a little too rowdy? I'm just curious because I don't want any escapees considering I have other animals.

panic xx said:
I apologize if this isn't supposed to be here, but I have a question. Are the doors sturdy? For example, will they open if the rats are a little too rowdy? I'm just curious because I don't want any escapees considering I have other animals.

It's pretty well impossible to open the doors without meaning to.

Ditto on the doors' impenetrable nature. Mine has to be worked at a little bit even by humans. There's no way rats, cats, or dog are getting in!

Cage redecoration this week. I used the same set that's in the last picture, but different pieces from it. Gotta love options! They're all made by different awesome hammock sewers on GooseMoose.

26256_533780622624_43302396_31724452_7711605_n.jpg

And because they're adorable, my boys:
26256_533780582704_43302396_31724444_455447_n.jpg

26256_533780592684_43302396_31724446_2796897_n.jpg

Aw, I like the rattie in the hammock. :)

I just ordered mine today, hopefully it'll get here okay. I can't wait to decorate it!
That reminds me, where do you guys get the hammocks? Or do you make them?

Back