Urinary Tract Infection?- Bladder Stones Match..

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really sorry you are going through this, it's hard especially when the funds are so low.
Keep her diet at a very low protein. Try to give her lots and lots of water. Give her things like watermelon, iceberg lettuce. I would even give her the liquid in tuna cans anything to up her water level.
Keep doing the meds though, 4 doses is not enough to see a marked improvement.

Ed peed today, and it was a lot, and normal looking! I won't get my hopes up yet, I will have to see her pee next time. I only have enough more Flagyl for maybe 2 more doses.

So before I had her potty for me today, it looks like she had a drop of blood on her urethra, but her urine looks normal. Well, almost. It's still a little off, but not too off. NOW I have a dose or two left of Flagyl, and can't get more at the moment, so hopefully it'll stay away. I can't wait to tell my vet. Thank you everyone for helping me figure this out!

It's unlikely going to go away if you only have 2 doses or Flagyl left... you should usually treat for at least a week after the last symptoms...

Well her urine is back to being how it was. I don't know why. I never stopped the Flagyl.

I did stop Baytril though, and the time she was off I do believe that's when her urine cleared up. She was off it for a couple or a few days, but got congested and wheezy so I started it again. I wonder, could this be the Baytril? It did start while she was on Orbifloxacin. I could see if Doxy+Zithro will keep her URI away.

Try baytril/zithro which is in my opinion a more potent combo than zithro/doxy. The baytril might keep fighting the urinary issue. Sounds like the flagyl wasn't doing anything for her.

Do you think Baytril/zithro would be better than Baytril/Doxy?

I still am unsure whether the Flagyl was helping or not but I found this:
http://www.1800petmeds.com/Metronidazole-prod10098.html

$0.89? I might as well buy two and try again. Why do vets sell antibiotics for so much? The Flagyl I bought from them was around $30, and all they do is crush a tablet like above and mix it in flavoring right?

And for 146mg tablet of Baytril it's only $4.49! Am I forgetting something, or is this so much cheaper?

*Edit to say minimum quantity I can buy is 10, but it is still so much cheaper!

Does anyone have a Flagyl tablet they can send me? I am sure my vet will allow me to try it, I just really don't want to ask again.

Back