Surprise! Mixed Intact Sexes are Just Not a Good Idea 11/14

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the babies went from "let's chew on you" to licky....its lovely. :D

oct29babies1.jpg

oct29babies3.jpg

oct29babies2.jpg

I cleaned their cage (tossed them in the boys cage that is setup for Monday), let Alana run, and then put them on my chair for a couple more pics and some face-loving :D

oct29babiesonmychair.jpg

oct29babiesonmychair2.jpg

Ohhh my goshhhh, I jsut want to pick them all up in my arms and kiss them ! Wait there is a smiley for this moment! :rathugz: :rathugz:

lilspaz68 said:
These babies aren't even 5 weeks old yet (next Monday I will be separating the boys out) and they are huge!

Btw I just walked by the cage and this is what happens...the Baby Magnet is still working...their bellies get stuck to the bars so I can poke them :giggle:

oct28babies.jpg

Ahah what a bunch of bellies, wonderful shot :D

The boys were separated out last night, and Alana got worried. This morning when I let her run, she had climbed up to the cage holding her baby boys in the bedroom. I picked her up and told her they would be just fine. The Dust Man is in there with them, happily pinning babies and making them shriek. LOL

Petunia said:
oh poor momma rat missing her boys.

what do the baby boys think of Dusty?

They shriek when he pins then but are easily distracted to be baby magnets on the bars when I call them over They aren't frightened of being alone. :) Dusty thinks they are funny little things that must be stopped from moving around so much. I let them meet last night, then pulled him out to his old cage to let them settle in overnight and put them back in today.

lilspaz68 said:
Petunia said:
oh poor momma rat missing her boys.

what do the baby boys think of Dusty?

They shriek when he pins then but are easily distracted to be baby magnets on the bars when I call them over They aren't frightened of being alone. :) Dusty thinks they are funny little things that must be stopped from moving around so much. I let them meet last night, then pulled him out to his old cage to let them settle in overnight and put them back in today.

:laugh4:
that's gotta be so funny to watch!

sounds like what Hope did when she met babies Smidgen and Brenna- she was frantic trying to control the two of them and trying to get them to stay put.
Brenna was quick to learn what Hope wanted, but silly Smidgen could not contain herself and kept bouncing around. Run poor Hope ragged, that one did!

The last photoshoot of all of them together on October 30th. I didn't get a lot of good or clear pics because boy these babies can move!

I put them on the couch and they piled under the end of the hanging blanket. Then I put my arms on the couch and called them...

oct30babies10.jpg

oct30babies7.jpg

Then a bit of exploring of the Hand and Arm barrier
oct30babies9.jpg

oct30babies8.jpg

Then they realized that the grass was greener on the other side of the Arm, and the real Game began...

First its rush at the arm and try to climb over as I kept frantically pushing them back
oct30babies5.jpg

then its rush back to the blanket to regroup :lol:
oct30babies6.jpg

You can just imagine how the majority of these pictures turned out :roll:

I got them to stay still briefly with puffs
oct30babies3.jpg

oct30babies2.jpg

I have no clue what the little gal is doing on the left :giggle:
oct30babies4.jpg

oct30babies1.jpg

Poor Sage got tossed down
oct30babiesandsage.jpg

Goodness, they go so big so quick. They are all very cute and I'm sure anyone would love these guys. I wish everyone socialized their rats as well as you have.

Back