Sterling's Rescue Doors *Open*!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to start a thread just for those girls and Wrenn so she can keep track of their life here. Like a D& D diary!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I swear I'll never get a clear picture of this cheeky boy! Tyrion
ty4ugysa.jpg

Such a momma's boy until the camera comes out! Little Boots
5u3uny2u.jpg

They were testing out a home made.maze/puzzle toy. Tyrion caught on, LB just pulled on the strings and then had a bath and found a tissue to sleep under.

BREAKTHROUGH!!! Puff used the potty today!!! Popcorn treats!!! She got first pick! Then everyone got popcorn but had to work for it in the egg carton puzzles.

jy8asu4e.jpg
So we are all doing much better! Have an almost no blurr photo of Tyrion.

a4y5a8ug.jpg
Miss Delphi! Enjoying some toast!

yva4yzur.jpg
Dita having some toast!

The brown dumbo? Tyrion! Hes a ham. So much entertainment from one little fuzz-butt! Lol

More pics. Some of the cage where. ...drum roll...all 6 girls are living together!
adenyvy3.jpg

The 'blonds' Mellow (front) and Dita
ady9eve4.jpg

Mellow and Delphi snuggled
vegyqamu.jpg

The boys new setup (weekend they move into the little girls old cage once its thoroughly cleaned
nunara9e.jpg

Tyrion being nosey!
u2a9y4eh.jpg

Dita playing with their new toy!
qu5e5eja.jpg

Super happy boys in their much needed bigger cage. I washed it and then vinegar soaked it and let it air dry. Minimal girl smell left.
They are so happy exploring all their space.
e4e7ezu8.jpg

They pass out when they are done exploring. (Sorry its dark. I didn't want to disturb them)
gugejuda.jpg

Anyone following this thread that missed it. We added two new rats to the family. They came as Sebastian and Moomoo. Immediately I knew these were not appropriate names as these two were not boys! They started living with a family that sounds like animal hoarders that posted them on kijiji because they could not afford them anymore. They were getting rid of several animals from rats to snakes and a bird and dogs. So these two vet tech students picked them up. They had them since September and now they are moving to a residence that does not allow pets so hence they are brought to me through the SPCA. They were in a small guinea pig cage that I wouldn't even use for an old rat to live in. I didn't plan on moving them for a week but plans change. Especially when the plan was to intro them with my boys as I was expecting 2 boys. But as soon as they were (and I am not over stating this) dropped on my doorstep. I knew they were not boys. They are approx 8 months old. They(the college girls) said they were full grown when they got them in September so I'm guessing 7-9months old. They are big chubby girls (so would any rat living on sunflower seeds and dyed cereals). They quickly switched to my bigger white cage which I still think is too small for them so looking for a DCN for all the girls now. They are happy now and enjoying a more well balanced diet. They love the lab block and fresh fruits and veggies. They are now more appropriately named Jersey (formerly Moomo) and Isis (Sebastian)
Welcome home girls. (Jersey is the dark hood, Isis is the brown/red hood winking)
py3asu5u.jpg

New little girl I found at a store I was not expecting to find any animals thought it was just a supply store. Could not leave her. Introducing miss Duchess
apudu2ep.jpg

How do I keep missing this thread.... :roll:

OH my goodness what adorable little munchkins, no wonder you named the thread rat heaven they look like little fuzzy angels!
Congrats on the new girlies, hope they are settling in!

Thanks SarahA! Lol its just a private thread for me to photo bomb lol. I'm snap happy with my crazy fuzzbutts. They are all so wonderful. All so different! The new girls are great. Settling into routine just amazingly. Isis is a daddy's girl! Jersey loves mom cuz i bear the sweet treats! Daddy shares the breads and things. I eat more fruits and veggies so I'm the fave for that.
New girl Duchess is so cuddly and I have a feeling she will be the one daddy gets brave enough to take out on his own.

Back