Sterling's Rescue Doors *Open*!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Joanna. I'm a bit beside myself. But I need to pull my socks up a bit. I have my girls ans tomorrow I pick up my 2 rescue girls

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

New 'dumpster girls' have arrived. Meet Ratta and Tilly (their foster family's four yr old son named them like Rattatouille. They were found 2 months ago in a dumpster in a pampers box outside a raided house where 30 animals were siezed including a large snake who we assume was to eat the rats. They are about 6 months old only 2 survivors of 15 found in that box :(
8e8u8e4a.jpg
sunshine in the storm for both me and the dumpster girls.

So my mom and co-workers are calling me the crazy rat lady now that I have 5. I find it funny how most of those people have several other animals and because I have a proper social group of rats I'm crazy!
Anyway Peach is all over checking out the new girls. She approves. She just made sure they understood she was the queen. :D:p we changed 'Ratta' to Tatter as she barely knows her name anyway. I think it suits her being the more outgoing of a pair found in a dumpster, tough name for a tough girl. Tilly is so quiet and always lets Tatter go first before investigating anything. She already has my fiance Kevin wrapped around her tail. She takes treats from him not me and he's loving it. Think she's going to be a daddy's girl like Peach.
Tilly being shy
3ysaha7a.jpg

Tatter not being camera shy

Had a little boxing match between Peach and Tatter. Peach nipped Tatter on the neck left a nice little knick. I separated them for the night just to see if maybe we need a slower intro.

I have THEE best fiance in the world! We just got back from london where my man had arranged a pickup of rescued feeder boys. Both are dumbos and one is a rex. Pictures ASAP I promise. They had no names so we chose Tirian and Duke

Duke so does not suit the sweet quiet rex boy so we decided on Little Boots cuz of his white feet and white tipped tail. He's a gorgeous dark grey.

Getting close lol. 3 cages. Now the crab room doubles as the rat room! Here's some not great pics as everyone was too excited to sit still for pictures! The dark rex boy is Little Boots the other is Tyrion (now that I'm spelling it the way the fiance wants it ;) lol enjoy my sweet boys' faces! I sure do!
5u2abajy.jpg
epetypu3.jpg
me3a5e4u.jpg
9a6ymupe.jpg

Thanks everyone. They are such sweet active boys. Tyrion is super outgoing and loves his snacks! Little Boots is a peeker. He pops up so quickly and Is gone just as fast. Its clear Tyrion is the bossier one but Little Boots holds his own when it counts

Introduced apples today! That was a fan fave. Except silly Tatter who just wanted wheat puffs lol
nyha7yre.jpg
jusyryne.jpg
a2a6etur.jpg
yrasubuj.jpg
gy8uqujy.jpg

Last picture is Puff who is generally very camera shy and never takes food from fingers, apples are the key!!

So for those of you who check in on my post....I am now almost full at the inn! Next weekend Wrenn's girls Dita and Delphi join my crew next weekend! I'm honored she trusts me to take in her girls and give them the utmost care!

And to share more cute fiance stories I waa getting ready for bed last night aafter a visit from my parents and I hear Kevin go into the kitchen and then into the rat room and say 'What up my rat posse!?' Hahaha!
He also made all natural corn bread and I think the rats got 1/4 of the loaf! It was definitely a super hit!

Back