Show your cage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hopefloats said:
That is a really good idea for the levels. I have a super pet that they play in and that is my biggest problem is the groves they set up for it. I wish they would just make them flat so when I do wipe downs I don't have to work so hard to clean the groves out.

I just pinned fabric to the levels when I had mine, and come cage cleaning day, off they came and a quick wipe and boom, no problemo.

My girls' cage

DSC03541.jpg

My boys' cage (Waiting for a Royal Suite to come home)

DSC00734.jpg

My two extra cages...

The boys'
DSC03579.jpg

The girls'
DSC03566.jpg

Awesome thread for getting ideas!!

Here's my cage with three boys in it. I think we could use a fourth, I've done a few "cage calculators" which claim it would be good for up to 7, but I think 5 is probably the max I'd put in there.
P3150181.JPG

Okay, it's might not be the best, but I got it for 40 dollars from someone on craigslist and the size makes us all very happy.

P3200223.JPG

After I bought some commercial hammocks.

P3200226.JPG

Peter proving the "ferret tube" was a great buy.

Well I keep changing it and buying/making new things, but here is the boys cage as of today.

I made the peace sign and yellow hammock and they do not een go close to them :( They love the blue shelf on the left side and the wood tunnel. Never used the wheel.

And of course here is a couple of shots of the boys..

Bosco in his box..

Ratchet in the tunnel

and Bosco trying to squeeze in next to Ratchet..

I guess I'll post my cage here too, I am sure I have probably posted my smaller cages before the FN.

4 boys on top, 2 on bottom :) Someone may recognize some swanky pirate hammocks hehe

50691337.jpg

I love seeing all the cages, but I would love to see them before you guys clean them..lol. make me feel better about how mine seems to always have the litter everywhere! :emb: I did just buy a rug to put in the bottom and see how that works.

I have two many cages.........but i am going to be trading in the Super Pet cage for another 3 tier Feisty ferret cage

250385_10150205885241409_634516408_7452022_3233828_n.jpg

So my girls are currently in a super pet cage and my male is in a nice sized guinea pig cage :(

It all kind of upsets me because I'd love to have my girls in a CN, and I want to upgrade my male to my girls older 3-story chinchilla cage..but my parents want my room to look 'neat & organized', and in there opinion, a CN is too big for my room & putting my male in a large cage would look 'tacky' in my room. Although, he was in a cage with layers before and climbing up onto the layers scared him half to death, he just seems so comfortable in his little one level cage xD;

Anyways, here's a pic of my girls Super-Pet ferret cage. :) We got it at a garage sale for $5! :) Can't beat that deal anywhere else!

30bofvk.png

There cage also used to have a TON of stuff in it! Multiple hammocks and cozy beds...but they have grudges against fabrics..and destroy them in minutes. I was making them a hammock a day and eventually it all just got so tiring and annoying because they never stopped destroying them! So..no hammocks for my girls :'(

My girls' cage!
Two super pet exotic's cages connected vertically.

side-ish view, because I just connected them together recently!
010-2.jpg

full cage
001-3.jpg

(sorry for the bareness of it, I switch it up full/to bare)

Here's ours (although it's hard to see). We have a chinchilla mansion from Quality Cage that we retrofitted because the girls were too little for the holes.

I don't have a cage per se, I have a jewelry display case. I don't know why I'm the only person I'm aware of who converted one- ITS SO GREAT, in my opinion! Internally, it's 58" wide, 30" tall, and 18" deep. Only cost me thirty bucks! The wood for the doors came from an unused stock in my house from a furniture building venture that didn't pan out and so had no cost, and the hardware cloth, wood stain, sealant, hinges, and locks cost me only about $25 more. Pretty good price for a pretty nice amount of rat real estate!

P1050813.jpg

P1050829.jpg

P1050822.jpg

my mansion nowadays:
sewermansion.jpg

lievv016.jpg

with a sewer-theme, my boys love it!

This cage (although its all glas) has the right ventilation so please don't yell at me (at "rat forum" they're almost accusing me of animal abuse, which is ridiculous, i know not all glasscages are suitable for rats but trust me on this, mine is ;))

Back