Show your cage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ria said:
Question: Where do you all get that fleece from? Can it be ordered in bulk?

I have a jenny rat cage - and want a safe bedding that doesn't irritate Oskar's nose. I use toweling right now, but I THINK THAT was the cause of his twisted ankle so now i am hunting alternatives. We don't get yesturdays news here(in my pet shop anyway), but I think we do get CareFRESH, but I definitely prefer going with some sort of fabric. So, where do you all get that colourful, cute looking fleece from, I WANT SOME xD

I shall get googling them, thank you very much :D

Ria said:
Question: Where do you all get that fleece from? Can it be ordered in bulk?

I have a jenny rat cage - and want a safe bedding that doesn't irritate Oskar's nose. I use toweling right now, but I THINK THAT was the cause of his twisted ankle so now i am hunting alternatives. We don't get yesturdays news here(in my pet shop anyway), but I think we do get CareFRESH, but I definitely prefer going with some sort of fabric. So, where do you all get that colourful, cute looking fleece from, I WANT SOME xD

Did the googling, Ecopet is a good price so; I am gonna try that thank you :)

Hmmm. I think I've posted this elsewhere too, but this is my current main cage! It keeps getting more and more insane as I find ways to create more surface space! LOL. I used to use just FOUR wire shelves. I'm now up to 6. ^_^

Home to Liam, Monkey (who's all nice now! 0_0), Sketch, Billy, and the extremely temperamental Splinter (who's extremely mean to Billy unless he's sleepy and too lazy to care -__-)

Top:
Cage32.jpg

Bottom:
Cage33.jpg

Whole Thing:
Cage31.jpg

Unfortunately, my earlier plans to purchase an FN have completely fallen through. Sigh. The new HST is killing poor students like me who have to pay rent, AND tuition.

Good news! I'm graduating come December! And once I can FINALLY hold down a FULL-time job... dreaming about getting an FN.

I've recently adopted 2 new girls,from eagle of course :wink2:
Hope and Faith :)
she was very generous in letting me borrow this cage until I got another one :thumbup:
(what would I do without Eagle??!! LOL)

so here they are, at my office, because this is their home :)
My husband and I own both our businesses and are there 7 days a week, so the girls get PLENTY of attention :)
don't pay attention to the yucky concrete floor, it's getting painted :nod:

the 1st set up:
6f7go2.jpg

with full access to desk and credenza :
2cp9fsi.jpg

sxdvt1.jpg

new set up with wire shelf :
of24qv.jpg

upcoming cage as the replacement for this one is a Feisty Ferret, which I am very excited to get :joy:

Hey kscanuck :) Very cute fabric in the cage. I love lizards :) And it looks like you have a lot to work with with your office, very cool. It must be so exciting!

I have to ask though, why aren't you getting another KKK for your office? Just curious since I know you love them.

the reason why I'm not getting a kritter koncept kage, which I LOVE just like you said, is because money is a little tight right now with opening the 2 businesses (gun shop and Bail bonds). :(
at the moment, spending $100+ on a rat cage is unfortunately not on top of the priority list...LOL

Someone generously accepted a trade with hammocks for the feisty ferret cage so it works out great!
I am planning on painting it a fun color too :dance:
we have all the equipment to do an industrial quality paint job on it so it will be as good as new :nod:

Oh yeah I totally understand having a tight budget at the moment. I just spent some big money on a cage, vet bills, fixing my car :( SO I hear you.

That is sooo cool that your trading for hammocks though! I wish I got offers like that lol. I wish I had an industrial painter, I'd save money and buy galvanized cages. Post your page when you get it :) I'm so starved for cage pics I joined a second forum :emb: lol Well that was part of it, this one seems much friendlier which I like.

oh, I did not realized you were smesyna from goosemoose!

so yeah, this is the plan right now, I had Barry from KKK giving a quote just last week for another custom cage,36x18x30 with a 2 1/2 tall pan and 1"x1" spacing. I had told him it wasn't for immediate purchase but I wanted a heads up on the price nonetheless.

The feisty ferret option presented itself in the meantime so it just worked out great.

I am driving to get it tomorrow, so I should start sandblasting it this week, buy the non-toxic paint and go from there.
I should be able to have it back at the office in 3 wks :)

you also have your own hammocks website, maybe you will be able to do some trading in the future as well!

Haha yeah sorry. I just wanted to do something different, I use smesyna for everything lol.

That's really cool you must be excited. Your definately lucky to be able to spruce the cage up like that.

And I would love to do a trade! You can just PM me when you are interested and have the time. I love being able to get packages.

here's pics of the Feisty Ferret cage :)
the legs have been cut off and it sits nicely on the credenza.
I've use those plastic carpet runners, cut to size for the levels.
I need some extra stuff in there, but so far so good :)

15s086a.jpg

kdqr1c.jpg

Wow some amazing cages here!! I cannot wait to be able to fully decorate a big CN or FN, although I am wondering how much shipping would be to Canada from Kritter Kages....Definitely some amazing ideas in here!!

I can't believe that FF is the same cage I saw outside Eagle's porch. You did a wonderful job with it! I love the bright red color.

Pink

yep, it IS the same cage :nod:
it got sandblasted, primed, painted AND amputated!! LOL
I am not 100% happy with our results, it could have used more sanding and at least 1 more coat of paint plus some attention to details for up close inspection but overall, it turn out pretty good and it works just fine for what I need :)

ok, here's a new set up, with my new hammock design :cheeky:

I'm REALLY liking this cage a LOT!
it's a breeze to clean and as far as the pee river, I'm drilling small holes along the groove to allow pee to fall thru so that should solve this problem :)

Superpet 1st home for chinchilla (30x18x30)
DSCF1014.jpg

DSCF1016.jpg

DSCF1015.jpg

That is a really good idea for the levels. I have a super pet that they play in and that is my biggest problem is the groves they set up for it. I wish they would just make them flat so when I do wipe downs I don't have to work so hard to clean the groves out.

Back