Show your cage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too many to post them all and don't have pictures of all cages :/ And a lot of these setups if not all have changed but a few... not good pics sorry.

026.jpg

031.jpg

simonbite003.jpg

Sickies...

simonbite005.jpg

Normal cage.

169.jpg

Lazy girls

173.jpg

your walls are sooooo bright. I'm less bashful about wanting to paint my room a coppery brown now. :p

I need to get a strong man to hammer the rest of the grommets in to the hammocks I made, right now my poor boys have no hammocks, no cube, no nothing :(

I have a bunch of baskets and a few chube tubes ziptied in place, and they have a couple shredded fleece baby blankets they line everything with, but its not as pretty as hammocks and cubes! :)

Hey guys, i'm completely stuck here; i'm trying to figure which cage is the biggest and my maths is letting me down!

This is the cage I currently have:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-tier-ferret-rat ... 4cef5f93ae

There's 2 Ratties in it at the moment; is it big enough? could I get another Rat in there? where can I find a cage that will hold up to 6 Rats? they all seem either not tall enough, or tall enough but too narrow....i'm guessing Rats wouldn't really mind the latter, though?

edit: I wonder how many levels is ideal as well? shall I get a cage with no levels, and just fill it with toys and hammocks, or is it best to have a few levels in case the rats fall? this always worried me whenever I took a level out, but then they did seem to enjoy climbing more without it so I don't know.

Ah, got it now! @Jorats; i'm getting that largest ferret nation cage you have! even though it will probably cost me £1,0000000000 it's perfect!

Some pictures of the cage when it was first modified from a rat starter and a hampster cage. three more levels and several hammocks and toys and hideouts have been added, haven't any new pictures yet. Planning on making a few more cages. :dance:

haha, no ..lol looks bad I know haha, the cage is not actually in that spot, I just finished cleaning it and I put it on top of the bunnies cage to get a good pic, haha

Ill post mine up for the 7 boys (top and bottom are separated to make two cages).

dbce30a3.jpg

Nothing pretty but it's coming along. I have about $50 in fabric to make some stuff out of but I'm lazy lol

34ccdfc8.jpg

Chuck and Bobby's cage... added a hammock which they dont use and a log house on the side of the cage which they do use! lol I need more ideas for this cage, since they are staying! Which means, cage shopping soon!

Question: Where do you all get that fleece from? Can it be ordered in bulk?

I have a jenny rat cage - and want a safe bedding that doesn't irritate Oskar's nose. I use toweling right now, but I THINK THAT was the cause of his twisted ankle so now i am hunting alternatives. We don't get yesturdays news here(in my pet shop anyway), but I think we do get CareFRESH, but I definitely prefer going with some sort of fabric. So, where do you all get that colourful, cute looking fleece from, I WANT SOME xD

Ria said:
Question: Where do you all get that fleece from? Can it be ordered in bulk?

I have a jenny rat cage - and want a safe bedding that doesn't irritate Oskar's nose. I use toweling right now, but I THINK THAT was the cause of his twisted ankle so now i am hunting alternatives. We don't get yesturdays news here(in my pet shop anyway), but I think we do get CareFRESH, but I definitely prefer going with some sort of fabric. So, where do you all get that colourful, cute looking fleece from, I WANT SOME xD

Another option is BedXCel or Ecopet (both the same). You can buy in bulk online, it's recycled cardboard bedding and it's awesome.

Back