Scarborough Feeder Rescues - Safe

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zima
Jan 26 - 273 g (roughly, she was moving around a lot on my old scale)
Jan 27 - 290 g (new scale - plus 17 grams roughly...sigh)

Talvi
Jan 26 280 grams (roughly)
Jan 27 - 288 g

Kayi
Jan 26 - 243 g (roughly)
Jan 27 - 277 g (plus 34 g)

Lumi
Jan 26 - 218 g (roughly)
Jan 27 - 233 g (plus 15 g )

Look at that lovely rounding belly :doh:

Jan2714Zima.jpg~original

And I got her to rear up naturally using Ensure and my big coffee mug to brace herself on :)

Jan2714Zima4.jpg~original

She actually had that foot up for ages

Jan2714Zima3.jpg~original

And the funniest thing was getting her to come to the mug...I used the Ensure as a lure, and she hung onto it, and drank while stretched out as far as she could go, then would walk her hind feet, stretch, then walk...sooo funny!!

Jan2714Zima2.jpg~original

I would also really like to send some homey stuff your way. I can make some comfy hammocks, cubes and corners for them. Please pm me if you need these and which will work best with your setups. I will make, then mail them. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just reading through.... they all look a lot happier and brighter after a few days, and Lumi is so beautiful :heart:

Girls weights

Zima
Jan 26 - 273 g (roughly, she was moving around a lot on my old scale)
Jan 27 - 290 g (new scale - plus 17 grams roughly...sigh)
Jan 28 - 304 g (up 14 g)

Talvi
Jan 26 280 grams (roughly)
Jan 27 - 288 g
Jan 28 - 298g [up 10 g)

Kayi
Jan 26 - 243 g (roughly)
Jan 27 - 277 g (plus 34 g)
Jan 38 - 270 g (less 7 g)

Lumi
Jan 26 - 218 g (roughly)
Jan 27 - 233 g (plus 15 g )
Jan 28 - 241 g (plus 8 g)

Now the boys

Fawn boy (filled right out!)
Jan 28 - 373 g

Mink boy (feels a ton better, fur is softening)
Jan 28 - 360 g

Black berk boy
Jan 28 - 404 g

Black self boy
Jan 27 - 480 g

These are great results Shelagh! Man they are really going for it aren't they, oink oink!! What excellent progress they are making. Brilliant to know they are enjoying themselves, I bet they are having a blast trying new foods and experiencing new tastes. After all, the way to a ratties heart is through their stomachs lol! I just cannot wait for new pictures of them looking like beloved royalty. How is Lumi? Is she still pretty poorly hun?

And for the Lumi lovers....

If she cannot have her nice warm human, she will settle for the modem :giggle:

Jan2814Lumionthemodem.jpg~original

Lumi and Zima (I missed the licks she gave to Zima's neck)

Jan2814LumiandZima.jpg~original

Jan2814Lumi.jpg~original

Jan2814Lumionthemodem2.jpg~original

Jan2814Lumi2.jpg~original

Little old lady butt :heart:

Jan2814Lumisoldbutt.jpg~original

and this morning, she much prefers me to her modem...

Cheek tip

Jan2914Lumicheektip.jpg~original

Jan2914Lumi.jpg~original

Claireybell2477 said:
These are great results Shelagh! Man they are really going for it aren't they, oink oink!! What excellent progress they are making. Brilliant to know they are enjoying themselves, I bet they are having a blast trying new foods and experiencing new tastes. After all, the way to a ratties heart is through their stomachs lol! I just cannot wait for new pictures of them looking like beloved royalty. How is Lumi? Is she still pretty poorly hun?

Lumi overall is gaining some weight, and she lives for loving right now, but its not the improvement I prayed for. I wasn't sure she even liked the things I did to her...but last night I put her on the bed. Went to feed Bean the toothless wonder, came back, lifted up the comforter and she looked all excited. I lay down on my side to watch TV on my computer and she toddled up and kept rearing up and trying to climb onto me...so I lay flat and lifted her up on my belly...she settled down, I stroked her and she bruxxed and boggled, so she gave me signs she wants to stick around a little longer, but its very much borrowed time for this weary, worn out from breeding and neglect little girl.

She really does look more filled out you can totally tell by looking at her pictures and how much happier she looks. She's losing that withdrawn look, it's really quite a dramatic change in such little time. Oh she looks so loving and sweet. I can just imagine her bruxing and boggling away on your lap. You must be madly in love right now. That tired look is really present in her eyes. I've never seen a rat look so worn out in my life. What a stroke of luck that you've got her at last. Enjoy every second of it mate. I'd give anything to have her on my lap even for a minute! It just astounds me how I can see so much love, character and tellings of her story just by looking at her photos. She's a special little lady. I loved that she was licking Zima's neck lol such a lovely mama :)

Ahhh, it's so nice to see how well everyone is doing. I guess you're going to be a grandma again though! I'm glad Lumi is sucking up every little moment of wonderfulness she can. Carpe diem sweet pea!

I love love love it!!

I am going to be making those Hancock and what not on Friday and hopefully they will be on the way on Saturday.

You can tell (or even show) Lumi that someone's got a serious crush on her...

[BBvideo 450,375:2uindqvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amczCsD6jBQ&feature=youtu.be[/BBvideo:2uindqvs]

As you can see, my boy ain't got a prey drive - he's just got a 'MUSTLOVERAT' drive. :heart: Lovell got seriously sad and kept searching for Lumi every time the video ended (he even checked his Ikea Mouse to see if it was her). Had to run the video about five times before he'd even think about settling down - I think he felt he had to give her a proper 'I love you dance', which usually runs quite a few minutes.

She's just as bright as last night, maybe even brighter? I am praying we have turned a corner with Lumi, a mental one especially. For awhile I was sure she was unable to eat hard foods well but she refused every softer food I gave her, and I worried. I was sure she had given up and would start to fade. She wouldn't try anything, turned her nose away...this morning, she seemed excited and happy so I tried a cheerio...it was HIT as you can see below...I am so happy, I am in tears!! :dance:

Jan3014Lumi.jpg~original

Jan3014Lumi2.jpg~original

Jan3014Lumi3.jpg~original

Jan3014Lumi4.jpg~original

Jan3014Lumi5.jpg~original

:joy:

Way to go girls!!! I watched that video with a stupid grin on my face... it made me so happy!!! She looks just great!!! Never doubt the lilspaz's touch, we have seen so many miracles already... and now another one.

These just made my day!!! Thank you Lumi and keep up the good work!!!! :dance:

Back