Scarborough Feeder Rescues - Safe

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lumi looks wonderful!!! :joy: Loved the video of her, and the one of Lovell dancing for her, that was so adorable!! :heart: :heart:

A boys update. :) I named my Trio, Noshi for the mink, Nigel for the fawn, and Noor for the black berk. I managed to get Charlie in with Amity (spayed and 28 months old) and the 2 sisters Miyu and Yuki, but those 2 ailing sisters will be taken in to be PTS this week. Yuki has a horrendous large, hard tumour on her hip, and Miyu's lungs are shot completely.

My plan is to see if I can reintroduce Charlie with his 3 old cagemates and did a trial meet today. With my observations Charlie is not a bundle of raging hormones but really of fears and lashes out with fear. I can calm him down in my arms when he overloads but I think the best thing for this boy is to have him neutered, calm him down and give him a chance to be the sweet loving boy he is underneath all the nerves.

Amity...sure doens't look or act 28 months old!! :cheeky:

Feb214Amity4.jpg~original

Feb214Amity2.jpg~original

Feb214Amity.jpg~original

Feb214Amity5.jpg~original

Feb214AmityandNoshi.jpg~original

Feb214scarbboysandAmity3.jpg~original

Feb214scarbboysandAmity2.jpg~original

Feb214scarbboysandAmity.jpg~original

Charlie and Amity checking out Noshi

Feb214CharlieAmityandNoshi.jpg~original

Charlie behind Noor and Nigel

Feb214NoorCharlieandNIgel.jpg~original

Charlie behind Nigel
Feb214CharllieandNigel.jpg~original

Poor scared Charlie

Feb214Charlie.jpg~original

Feb214Charlie2.jpg~original

Sheldon said:
Would it be too much trouble to put up a before and after post?

A before and after post of whom?

Or a comparison pic of each rat from when they arrived,skinny and dehydrated to where they are now? I can definitely do that :D

I do have some very sad news though. Lumi passed yesterday. Her belly bloated up overnight and I woke up too late to take her to the vet to be pts. I loaded her up on a very high dose of metacam, tucked her into a comfy cat carrier, with a water bottle and she curled up on her side and passed yesterday while I was at work. I will be doing up a memorial for her once my heart stops aching so much. :sad3:

But on to happier news....lets do comparison pics of the gals first...

Kayi a week and a days ago (243 grams)
Jan2514beigegirl4.jpg~original

Looking old and puffy and unwell
Jan2514beigegirl.jpg~original

Now (324 grams), not as shy by far.
Feb414Kayi.jpg~original

Talvi who was in the best condition of all the girls (orig. 280 grams)

Jan2514agoutihoodiegirl3.jpg~original

And now (326 grams), loooves pats, but sometimes will deliver a hard nip. Bossy little girl :D

Feb414Talvi.jpg~original

FEb414Talvi2.jpg~original

Zima (was 273 grams), very very nippy and nervous...looking to bite when held.

Jan2514Bluegirl.jpg~original

Zima now (324 grams), very adventuresome but easy to catch on her wanders, not even nipping anymore :D

Feb414Zima2.jpg~original

Feb414Zima.jpg~original

and onto the boys

Best condition of them all except for the serious hair loss was Charlie. Very scared, definitely one I was careful with as he was prepared to bite.

Jan2514Blackselfboy4.jpg~original

And now, his coat is filling in a little, but his eyes are softening and starting to decide life could be fun, not scary ALL the time

Feb214Charlie2.jpg~original

Nigel the fawn boy, was super timid and very scrawny.

Jan2514Fawnboy2.jpg~original

Nigel not so much skinny or timid anymore...follows his confident buddy around and even helps out more nervous Noor :)

Jan2814fawnboypuff.jpg~original

Jan2814fawnboy2amipregnant.jpg~original

Noor the black berk who was all bones, skin and fur...sooo scared.

Jan2514Blackberkboy5.jpg~original

He's filled out nicely and he's starting to warm up a lot more :D

Jan2814blackberkboy.jpg~original

and funny little Noshi, he was greyhound thin, arched back and tucked up testes..his fur was much rougher and disheveled than the others and I was worried there was something serious going on :(

Jan2514Minkhoodiemale4.jpg~original

Jan2514Minkhoodiemale3.jpg~original

Now this boy has truly blossomed. Hes confident and sweet and knew that he was supposed to be a companion animal all along! :giggle:

Jan2814Minkboypuff.jpg~original

:hugs: Sorry about Lumi... this is a painful loss... :sad3: She's got to be really happy in her last days though... the girl that passed yesterday definitely was a happier girl than before she met you - that's priceless... :hugs: Rest well, beautiful Lumi, and may the only memory you take with you at the Bridge be of your last home with your bestest mom...

And the before/after pics? :thud: Shelagh the Rat Goddess... your rat whisperer's touch will never cease to amaze me!!! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry to hear that Lumi has passed already, but SO GLAD she got to spend her last week with you getting all the love she should have had from the beginning. Try and focus on the huge amount of joy you gave her so she could go to the Bridge a happy girl. :hugs:
Everyone else is looking wonderful! It's amazing how much weight a rat can gain in a week, and how much their personalities can change.

smilez_n_hugs said:
RIP sweet girl.

Everyone is looking great! Any update on pregnancy watch? (or did I miss it somewhere)

Everything seems to be still undecided over pregnancy...funnily enough, all 3 gals having started off at totally different starvation weights all weigh about the same now, Kayi and Zima at 324 grams, and Talvi at 326 grams LOL They don't look as pregnant now, and I still weighing but every 2nd day now...they were used as breeders so you expect a bit of a belly from all the litters so its still making me scratch my head.

Back