Piper and her babies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put all the babies to bed....that is a job unless they are sleeping :lol:
Most times I leave them in there playpen till they fall asleep in their house but I kept missing nap time tonight and since it is now 12:35 am and the little ones have been in there playpen since 5:00pm...I need to go to bed......
As fast as I moved one out of the way so I could shut the door they where crawling up my sleeves, nibbling my fingers etc....they are getting so active....Lots of fun. It is hard to believe how much they have grown and changed in 23 days......

That is because they eat enough food for 11 dogs :lol: it is unbelievable what they can consume in a day.......three meals a day plus mothers milk.......I think they will grow to be 30 pound rats...hahaha

Hi everyone....we are all home. It has been a very nerve wrecking weekend. My poor hubby has Crohn's disease and he had another bad flare up and ended up in the hospital........I just brought all the kids home and have everyone settled and I am on my way back to the hospital......

Also the first night we were away I had a horrible thing happen.......it had a happy ending but could have been very tragic......
I had the babies in the tub for a play at my friends where we were house sitting. We were having a great time....when it was all over I moved the cage to the floor and sat by the tub and started to put the babies back in the cage. I put in a bowl of oatmeal and everyone started eating......I decided to put the wheel back in and fasten it to the wall so I was leaning forward and didn't notice little Tabbatha come out and crawl under my leg....when I leaned forward I squished her, I sat back quickly and she looked flat. I almost had a heart attack!!!!!!!! I thought she was dead......I picked her up and she started gasping........I held her close to my mouth and gently blew on her...trying to help her breath.....I was crying, my daughter was crying....my hubby grabbed the phone and called the vet...but couldn't get through...he was on another call...called me back in a half hour.....Anyway, Tabatha started getting better, grooming her face......she cuddled in and I held her all evening...I kept the cage by my bed all night and checked on her through the night....She was fine....running, playing, wrestling....doesn't seem any different. The next night by hubby got sick......and he is in the hospital now........why does life have to be so hectic at times......
Anyway hopefully my poor hubby will soon get this under control and get better......It is very hard to watch someone you love be sick....He is a very good man and certainly doesn't deserve all this.......
So that was some of my weekend.....not the best that is for sure.....
I am very glad to be home and have all my rats, cats and dogs settled in.....now just need to get hubby well and home......

Here are some pictures I took of the babies while we where away.
This was their vacation home...small but they where out for plays for about 6 hours each day.......

Picture002.jpg

Come on...we want a turn on the wheel.
Picture009.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

I marked the blond girls so I could tell them apart...The one with the black on the base of her tail is Hazel...my problem child.
Picture049-1.jpg

Picture077-1.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Picture061-1.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture075.jpg

Picture085.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Piper running round the bathroom...my friends would faint if they could see this picture.....hehehe
Picture071.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Dozer
Picture117.jpg

Honey
Picture118.jpg

Jayden
Picture119.jpg

Nellie
Picture120.jpg

Tilly
Picture121.jpg

Tabatha
Picture122.jpg

Hazel
Picture123.jpg

Angel (nicknamed Lucy or Lucifer :lol: )
Picture124.jpg

Heather
Picture125.jpg

Maisie
Picture126.jpg

Jacob
Picture127.jpg

My little boys are getting very well endowed......they are 26 days old today.......It is amazing to me how big and active these babies are....must be the truck loads of food they eat everyday.
:lol:

Very sweet babies.
Glad Tabbatha is ok.
Hope your husband is soon feeling better and back home with you and your children ... and grandratties

ohhhh my goodness they are adorable....
holy molys about tabitha.. -pats ur shoulder- breathe... its ok to breathe now.lol... funny how the "invincible" lil things do these crazy things lol and nearly give us a heart attack :shock: sheesh
hope ur man has a quick recovery... as if you guys need more stress after all this.. boys-o-boys lol :?

Those babies are just heart-stoppingly cute, as usual. It's good to see Tabatha looking so well after your big scare.

All the best healing vibes to your husband -- what an ordeal for him. :(

Thank you everyone.......just talked to hubby and he is feeling much better....
Babies are very happy to be home...course they seem happy to be anywhere they get food and toys....:lol:

here are a few pictures of them getting put to bed.........typical kids they don't look very tired but I am so a two hour playtime is enough......

Little Tilly really enjoying her salad...
Picture001-1.jpg

We are not sleepy yet!!!!!
Picture015-1.jpg

hmmmmm more salad
Picture018-1.jpg

Really Grammy we are not sleepy yet.....Piper says "Please let me go sleep with Sydney"
Picture021-1.jpg

Our cage is so fun!
Picture023-2.jpg

Okay maybe some warm soy milk will make us sleepy....
Picture016.jpg

Nope it didn't work so I am off to bed. That is the best part of being the Grammy and not the mother....You can play with them and then let the mother look after them and put them to bed. "Goodnight Piper...Good luck"

Oh my what a scary thing to happen. I'm so glad Maisy is alright. That happens a lot where we step or almost step on the rats. And your poor hubby, everything happened at once.
I sure do hope your hubby continues to get better and no more accidents for you for a long time!

btw, they are still as adorable as ever!!

Babies and I had a great play tonight....normally they play hard then crash...but this time they played and cuddled and played and cuddled and played some more....
I have marked Hazel with a black mark and Honey with a red mark in case anyone sees that and wonders...I try to give each baby 10 minutes of cuddling each playtime...I don't want to miss one of my blond girls by accident :D

Picture048.jpg

Picture113.jpg

Picture114.jpg

Picture122-1.jpg

Picture118-1.jpg

Picture097.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Picture084.jpg

Oh I forgot to mention...Hubby is home and feeling good.....that is probably why the babies where so playful...they are happy daddy is home :lol:

I can't believe how big they are getting. They are 4 weeks old today and look like they are 6 weeks (to me) My last girls where 4 weeks when I got them and they where so small, with skinny little bodies and so quiet.......these babies are active, fearless, plump,wrestling, licky little monsters...I am totally in love with each one of them....They are so sweet.

Back