Piper and her babies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dahlas said:
Thank you SQ........I sure love these little guys and only want to do the best for them

very good! I hate seeing ppl have a nest and like.. taking care of it when they want to (which is not much most of the time..)

That Tilly is SUCH a cutsie :shock:
-wants a blue ratsie-

We are so excited.....my large silent spinner finally arrived today....The babies love it...they are running up a storm. My computer is gone to the computer doctor so I am using my old laptop.....I don't think I can upload any pictures on it.... :(

Oh boy! It is amazing the way babies can make a Silent Spinner rock.... when they are going full tilt, even the Silent Spinner isn't silent any more. :lol:

Just make sure that you get your hubby to tighten up the internal screw before too long. I suggest your hubby in case you are as clueless about mechanical things as I am!! (although that is probably not possible)

When Corrie's girls were babies, they would run constantly on the Spinner, and several times it actually came off its mounting and landed in the cage. Nobody got hurt, luckily. I would tighten the conical yellow screw on the inside of the wheel, but that didn't help.

My husband came up with the solution.

He had a look at the wheel and then asked me how I held still the piece that the inner yellow knob screwed into. I looked blank (when mechanical aptitude was being handed out, I must have been out having coffee), then said that I had no way to do that; I just turned the yellow knob. No wonder I never got the thing tight enough.....

Well, if you remove the external knob (the one that attaches the wheel to the side of the cage), you can see a place to insert a Robinson-point screwdriver (star-shaped) at the end of the thing that the inner knob screws into.

The way to make sure that the inner yellow knob is securely tightened is to:
1) Remove the external knob
2) Insert the Robinson screwdriver into the mechanism from the exterior (into the top of the screw that the inner yellow knob goes onto)
3) while using the screwdriver to hold the screw still, put the inner yellow knob on tightly.

Then you can attach the wheel to the cage.

It worked! The girlies have not yet caused the wheel to fall off again.

Thank you for telling me that, I will get him to look at it. I probably could do it :? but I am better suited for the job as superviser :lol:

I have missed posting pictures of my little ones....waiting for my computer to come back.....I have been taking pictures just don't have anyway to re-size them.
The babies will be 5 weeks old on Thursday......they are getting so big......they still like to cuddle Hazel my little squeaker has gotten very playful and licking and seems to be a lot less noisy. She is the one who loves to hand wrestle and give lots of licks....The rest of the girls all are very playful and so far similar in personality....Nellie my little all black girl is the quietest and a little shy....so she is getting handled a bit more.....The boys all seem to be the same with little Jayden being a bit more outgoing.........I try to make sure that everyone is getting handled equally but it is hard with 11 babies...I keep an eye on anyone who seems a bit quieter, not as outgoing and make sure I take those ones out more often .....a little more one on one...I am sure they will all end up very friendly. There mother is so friendly.....always at the door for attention, crawling all over me during play sessions....she is a real sweet rat.
Can't wait to show everyone some new pictures....
I have some really cute ones of some baby rat piles........

Well I haven't been able to post pictures of the babies for a while....they are growing so fast. I separated my little boys yesterday :( so i thought I would post some pictures from when they where still all together as one big happy family........and a few individual pictures.....

animals193.jpg

animals192.jpg

Hold still Angel....you need your face washed........
animals182.jpg

animals175.jpg

I love this picture.......
animals160.jpg

Look at the shinny fur......
animals134.jpg

animals161.jpg

animals091.jpg

animals089.jpg

animals088.jpg

animals078.jpg

4 weeks and 1 day....not hard to tell Jayden is a boy!!
animals079.jpg

animals077.jpg

Sydney and Piper....."We need our coffee....these kids are driving us mad"
animals080.jpg

Then we need a nap......
animals196.jpg

animals197.jpg

Okay I know...I already posted lots of new pictures but...I just had a few more that I have to share........These little darlings have been so much fun....I just love them all to pieces.......
animals256.jpg

animals257.jpg

animals263.jpg

animals267.jpg

animals268.jpg

animals270.jpg

animals272.jpg

animals274.jpg

animals275.jpg

I don't think we can ever get enough of these babies, and even into adulthood, I sure hope we get to watch them grow into beautiful adults and then into old age.
I LOVE the babies cleaning babies pics. :D

They are soooo precious!! I agree with Jo! I don't think we will ever get enough of seeing these little ratties! I hope we get to see pics of all of them even after they go to their new homes!

Oh you will get to see pictures of them even after they go to their forever homes....cause they are already in it....these babies are going to stay here with me Piper and Sydney forever..... :wink:

That is why Ii wasn't to upset when I realized Piper was pregnant.......I decided I was keeping the whole litter........Piper did her best to give me a beautiful litter of babies, with everything I had ever wanted in it........The least I can do is to give all her children a loving and safe place to live forever....now I just need to get my three boys neutered and then a big enough cage to hold everyone ..... :lol:

Ahhhh, it's like the end of a long drought!! How did we live so long without Pipelet pictures???

They are beautiful.... growing so fast, without losing an iota of their cuteness. Love the one of Angel getting her face washed, also the one of Tabatha with the grin on her face.

It really warms my heart to see how close Piper and Sydney have become.

I chuckled when i read the message saying you were keeping them all. I had a sneaky feeling you would.
You have about as much willpower to let go as i have... NONE. !
They are so beautiful, full of fun and full of love. You are very lucky to have such a wonderful tribe of ratties :)
I really dont think i would of been able to let them go either.
I'm picking up 2 new babies today, cant wait... when i say 2 i mean................ ;)

Yvonne x

Thought ever one would like to see a few new pictures of the babies.......
The three boys are now living in their own bachelor pad until they get old enough for the big snip......

Plus today me and 4 of the baby girls went to visit my friends new rattie.....they had a great play. Aren't babies sweet...they loved the other little girl, playing and cuddling with her right off.....My friends little girl has been alone for a few weeks except for meeting her two older, soon to be, cage mates a few days ago. She was thrilled to see my girls and I am sure were sorry to see them leave.....next time I will take all 8 girls.....it was so much fun....

Here are the girls......
animals021.jpg

animals038-1.jpg

I couldn't decide which one of these pictures of Maisie was cuter so I posted both..... :wink:

animals028-1.jpg

animals027.jpg

animals036.jpg

animals037.jpg

animals047.jpg

animals050.jpg

little Nellie is so sweet.....she is so quiet and such a cuddler.
animals058.jpg

One of my finger wrestlers....
animals071.jpg

Maisie again....it was her night to pose for the best pictures......
animals097.jpg

and now for the boys.......
Jayden...my daughters precious little man
animals105.jpg

Hey mom watch were you put your finger.......
animals106.jpg

animals112.jpg

animals148.jpg

I lucked out again!! On the Forum just after you posted the latest photos. They are so lovely. Each ratty with a sweet kissable little face, each one with a special personality. Love the way they run in the wheel.

Their new friend Robin will be eagerly awaiting their visits.

Back