Niagara Nakie Newbies... 3/17/13 Norbert :/

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lilspaz68 said:
Sage is the black and white girl who is being taken away from Yara "little butterfly"...I am going to have to find her new friends...she's not good with adult rats so much though. I was very disappointed for both of them to hear they had to be separated. But having my 2 fav nakies in one cage together will make up for it :D
Why can't Sage stay with Yara? Is her hair a problem for debris?

Joanne said:
lilspaz68 said:
Sage is the black and white girl who is being taken away from Yara "little butterfly"...I am going to have to find her new friends...she's not good with adult rats so much though. I was very disappointed for both of them to hear they had to be separated. But having my 2 fav nakies in one cage together will make up for it :D
Why can't Sage stay with Yara? Is her hair a problem for debris?

Yes. They found her fur in Yara's eyes. They can only live with each other.

Waldo's eyes are doing really well :)

jan7Waldo.jpg

Melvin? Not so much :undecided:

His incision is a bit swollen and weeping (no smell of infection), and his "good" eye was dull and not looking good before i flushed it. I wonder if we are going to end up taking his other eye as well?
jan7Melvin2.jpg

jan7Melvin3.jpg

But it's not stopping him at all
jan7MelvinandWaldo.jpg

jan7Melvin.jpg

And the other joy is that they are both rubbing and flopping like much older intact boys *gah*

Norbert got a package from his Auntie Victoria yesterday (well they all did) but he got to enjoy the contents first LOL

He got his very first critter pod, and it was love at first sight :heart: I didn't think he would ever come out again :D

jan11Norbertinhissputnik.jpg

and Victoria donated Vet Bed cut to the base size of the 3 nakie's cages. I had NO clue what Vet Bed was, so was a little shocked to see this gray furry stuff with backing...LOLOL

But i put it down in Norberts cage, and I think it may work! Its soft, and warm, but tough as well, pull on those strands and they don't come out at all! The lab block crumbs can be shaken out everyday, and its supposedly really absorbent and washes well! The sheets aren't working that great as all the crap (literally) just sits on top waiting to leap into unsuspecting eyes... :cheeky:

jan12Norbertandthevetbed2.jpg

Back