Niagara Nakie Newbies... 3/17/13 Norbert :/

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hopefloats said:
Poor norby. I cant believe you have had them a year. wow

Norbert is fine besides the pustules and being put out that he has to share me with the oldies. :cheeky: Melvin has no clue that there is anything wrong with him. Here he is cuddled down in his Rat Stash/Cozy Corner broadcloth hammock on top of Waldo. :thumbup:

dec27MelvinandWaldo.jpg

That is such and adorable pic.
I wish it was all better news for these guys. Stupid breeder, how awful that they continue to breed such genetically bad rats. :(

So the virus has gone through and sadly all 4 of my Niagara Nakies have been damaged, Waldo least of all at this point. Yara, Melvin and Nobert all go up and down...their lungs are wretched and when they breathe its a hard clunk, especially Norby.

When Norby first didn't feel well I noticed his mouth was crooked and got these pics.

For comparison, a pic taken Feb 9th
feb9Norby3_zpsab6c4388.jpg

Then Feb 17th after he wasn't feeling well (the virus had hit)

feb17Norbertfromfront_zpsad551100.jpg

feb17Norbysmouthandteeth_zps53272108.jpg

It seemed to resolve on its own, but now I saw this again this morning. :sad3:

He's a real ragdoll with me, so I was trying to lift up his head but not move him so his jaw would splay

mar17Norbysteeth_zpsa7570cfe.jpg

He kept rolling out his tongue

mar17Norbysteeth2_zps0242f55e.jpg

Finally I just rubbed the top of his head, which he loves and he kept lifting it up over and over...finally got this pic. What the heck is wrong with this poor boy now??? :shock:

mar17Norbysteeth3_zps9c0e17da.jpg

Wow, that is really odd...
Maybe he still has some inflammation in his glands which is causing him to shift his bite. Is he still on meds?
Your jaw can shift for a physical reason like an obstruction (problem in the joint) or it can be muscular (muscle splinting pulling the jaw out of alignment.) Because it happened before and resolved, I would tend to think it's muscular. I think he needs a bite plane! LOL

Back