Niagara Nakie Newbies... 3/17/13 Norbert :/

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Norbert has become downright cuddly after his neuter. It started with him climbing in my shirt while I was at the computer and snoozing :shock:

Now he's my overnighter. He stays with me all night and its comforting for me and super warm for him... :giggle:

Poor lad has a pustule on his eyelid.

There you are!
oct19Norbert.jpg

Morning kisses

oct19Norbert2.jpg

He's ready for his girlfriend Lady when she arrives :D

oct19Norbertseye.jpg

lilspaz68 said:
He sleeps on or near me every night now. I love it, he loves it, but he loves it best when I sleep on my back and he sleeps on my belly LOL
Your own personal little hot water bottle that never cools off... :cloud9:

Well the good news is his girlfriend is now safe with LA. She arrived yesterday and her name is going to be changed from Lady to something "angelic". We have a list of names that LA will ask her about...once she wakes up. No pics yet, but pink and small and very sweet is what I am hearing :)

I feel rather selfish at times but everynight I pull out Norbert for Bed Time. He makes me feel better, and I know he loves it. :giggle:

But in not so great news, Yara's eyes are a mess, and she's sneezing like theirs drainage so we might also have an infection and not just debris this time. Need to call the clinic to see when my poor lady can go in. :sad3:

We are trying to fit her in for tomorrow morning (drop off as usual but Dr Munn is only in in the morning, he's usually "off" on Wednesdays)

ETA: Elyssa called back and confirmed that Dr Munn is going to take care of my miserable little girl. :D

Sharlees rattakisses said:
Poor sweetie!! :hugs:
Nakeds and there :rant: :roll: eyes.
Dr. Munn should have her better in no time. :cuddle:

I am a little more worried this time. Even when this tiny feisty girl arrived with her eyes stuffed with crud, infection etc...she was always bright and cheery. She's hiding and doesn't move around the cage at all in the past couple of days :(

lilspaz68 said:
Sharlees rattakisses said:
Poor sweetie!! :hugs:
Nakeds and there :rant: :roll: eyes.
Dr. Munn should have her better in no time. :cuddle:

I am a little more worried this time. Even when this tiny feisty girl arrived with her eyes stuffed with crud, infection etc...she was always bright and cheery. She's hiding and doesn't move around the cage at all in the past couple of days :(

It must be really bad then. :(
I hope there is no other issues.
:hugs: for Yara and you. :hugs:

lilspaz68 said:
All good...just our usual debris *whew*

Yay! I'm not really, uh, a fan of hairless (no offense, Yara!) but I never knew they were more prone to eye issues than normal rats. Makes sense, of course. And they are lucky to have you! Can't believe what a mess they were in the beginning.

amity said:
lilspaz68 said:
All good...just our usual debris *whew*

Yay! I'm not really, uh, a fan of hairless (no offense, Yara!) but I never knew they were more prone to eye issues than normal rats. Makes sense, of course. And they are lucky to have you! Can't believe what a mess they were in the beginning.

Absolutely no offense. I didn't really like them either, but as a rescuer I of course would take them in. I especially thought dumbo males unattractive...hahah.

Now i have umm...3 dumbo males, 2 dumbo females and 1 standard nakie girl, and 1 more girl being picked up this weekend. :laugh4:

Hahahaha! The man-parts on your nakie boys must be especially... uh, impressive.

You know, looking back at Yara's pictures from the beginning, I can't believe she was even able to keep the eye. It's too bad she and you will always have to deal with the problems, though.

Back