Nakies rescued last Christmas: Update a year later pg 11

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little late, just read through now, good on you for taking them all in.
Oh man I am in love with little Eddie and Juno, if only I lived closer.

Sometimes intros don't go smoothly. :(

Gertie:

a4ajahuz.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gertie's injury went right through her skin down to the muscle layer. Today it seems to have closed up so we are headed in the right direction. It wasn't a bite - I think it was one of those 'should have zigged instead of zagged' things as I was actually watching them when it happened, and the cut just appeared as if someone took a scalpel and sliced. She doesn't seem bothered by it, and I haven't done anything with it. I'm just monitoring it...

So I think I may have homes lined up for four of the girls (two groups of two). The hard part is deciding who will be going. I think I may send the lone girl I picked up, Daisy, as one of them. She just has no manners at all, and just doesn't seem to be integrating into the group, so she may do better with just one buddy.

And of course, I'm still waiting for Dahlas to cave in and give Jade a home, 'cuz she's just so freaking adorable! :cheeky:

I am soooo tempted...I really am. I keep checking this post to see if you found homes for them yet so I can stop thinking about them.....

who are you keeping Joanne? The boys?

Dahlas said:
I am soooo tempted...I really am. I keep checking this post to see if you found homes for them yet so I can stop thinking about them.....

who are you keeping Joanne? The boys?
Yes, I was planning on keeping Albert, and the 'special' rats: Eddie (lost an eye), Juno (lost both eyes), and Dixie (frantic head waving.) Ruby also has an odd eye with perhaps a scar on her cornea, and I'm pretty sure is the alpha, so I think I'm keeping her too.
Right now I have homes lined up for Gertie and Fiona, and for Cleo and Daisy (she is just not integrating with the group.)
So the only adoptable one not spoken for is..................Jade! Although you can't tell her brother and sister are visually impaired, and Juno is up and playing all the time, in case you needed two. LOL

And boy, I really hope three weeks is long enough to wait after the neuter because tonight I did intros with the boys and Gertie was in heat, and Gertie and Albert have been doing the nasty for the evening. :cheeky:
The boys just slid right in there like they had been part of the colony the whole time, so I actually put them all into the DCN tonight and then sat in the room for a few hours to monitor and see what happened. Other than the odd scuffle, it has been pretty quiet.
The group is still not meshing with Daffy my older girl, who has injured different girls the last three intros (minor, but still bleeding), so I think I am going to stop right now and leave the two old girls on their own.

Glad that cut healed up... The nakies are the cutest next to rexs ... my nakie boys are getting their curly whiskers now :thud: I hope 3 weeks was long enough - if not, I'll still accept an air shipment ... Come on Dahlas how can you turn down a nakie.....

It is getting so much harder now, but Cleo and the brat Daisy went to their new home today - a DFN all to themselves!!!
I guess I am going to stop there and keep the rest. I'll try intros again without the four extra bodies and see if that makes a difference to my two oldies. Daisy was definitely part of the problem, although she is just such a sweet rattie when she's not causing trouble. LOL!

Pics of the remaining kids:

Ruby has decided that Albert is her new boyfriend - I caught her in the hammie with the two boys:

5ydyjape.jpg

The handsome man Albert:

usy7e2e6.jpg

Ruby with my little pirate boy Eddie:

dyja3yga.jpg

Jade hiding under the blankies:

9usany2y.jpg

Her sister Juno:

ezyru9uh.jpg

And finally Dixie, who is always moving and therefore hard to get a picture of:

vu7ehymy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk