Nakies rescued last Christmas: Update a year later pg 11

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joanne said:
lilspaz68 said:
The manic head waving won't stop...its now part of her. Think of it like a permanent tilt even after the infection is gone. They are lovely lovely and LUCKY babies! :heart:
How long should I medicate her before I stop? I don't know if she has any actual infection going on at this point - maybe this happened months ago. I have her on Clavamox, Baytril and Pred. I don't really want to medicate her if it's not going to make a difference. The vet could not see any ear discharge, but that does not mean she doesn't have something going on internally.
My older rats I can medicate by putting medicine in food, but these guys haven't had a varied diet, and so are still distrustful of new food and won't eat it. So I have to force-medicate everyone. :(
If the ratties' eyes are looking OK, how long should I medicate them before stopping? The ones with bad eyes are on Clavamox and eye ointment.
And is there a good lubricating ointment I can use on the nakies' eyes on a regular basis just to keep things good?

I would give her a full 3 weeks as the infection was never treated originally, you want to make sure you stamp it out completely. If the ratties eyes look okay they don't need abs. I used drops (natural tears) for any rats that just needed "maintenance"

:heart: :heart: OMG they are so freakin' precious with all those wrinkles and huge ears - I would take them all if I lived closer - good thing I don't :heart: :heart: They are just so lovable !!!

Baby Eddie out for a bit with me:

hutuqasu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KatTheHippie said:
Joanne said:

Oh my freaking dear lord jesus, I think my entire heart just melted into a puddle on the floor, and oh my.. :thud: Man, what a sweet, sweet baby!

I know, I so want this one too..... Air mail???? Dover says "yes mommy, bring it home for me!"

Baby Jade says 'aunties make the best arm rests!'

pyhuza4u.jpg

They all went to the vets for a checkup today (yes, in the blizzard).
Everyone is doing well. We are going to continue with medications for another few days to round out two weeks. Then most will be finished.
They are really starting to show their personalities. What a sweet bunch! :)

Keep posting these incredible pics Joanne and people will have no choice but to fall in love and adopt them...or be loved from afar for the rest of us :heart: :heart: :heart:

Baby Eddie takes down Albert! :laugh4:

[BBvideo 450,375:8tnf3wjf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v77rXiZICY&feature=share&list=UUe-WFjLtorwAobwo0Pq3RXw&index=1[/BBvideo:8tnf3wjf]

omg, how i looked & hoped for kids like this whenever I was ready for more! (I'm Nekked-natured & Dumbo-delirious!) I'd have chosen these over&above cute angels visually over most of the ones I took (barring the other kid being in more needy circumstances) - but of course all the ones I got were oddly the most beautiful I ever saw once they were mine. No room at the inn now & miles apart, but I can still say hopes & prayers for kids I wish I could look at & hold & spoil.

I know this is going to sound weird, but is that a mole/birthmark on the big guy's googlies? Shiloh had one like that when he was little, but it all of a sudden started growing like crazy and he had a neuter/lumpectomy to remove it since it was black and likely melanoma. Not to be a negative-Nancy, but I noticed it while they were tumbling around and it reminded me of Shiloh's.

BlueSkyy said:
I know this is going to sound weird, but is that a mole/birthmark on the big guy's googlies? Shiloh had one like that when he was little, but it all of a sudden started growing like crazy and he had a neuter/lumpectomy to remove it since it was black and likely melanoma. Not to be a negative-Nancy, but I noticed it while they were tumbling around and it reminded me of Shiloh's.
Both of the boys have this pigment at the end of their scrotum, so although my other boys did not, it seems to be a variation of normal. I think someone on the Shack recently got the spot checked on their boy, and it was OK.

I am still looking for homes for these sweet naked ratties! :heart:
There are two boys (recently neutered) and seven girls. We are finished with their meds today except for two of the girls. Eddie the baby boy lost one of his eyes, and Juno one of the baby girls lost both of her eyes (but you'd never know it from the way she acts!). Cleo who had the wood chips in her eye looks like she's going to make a full recovery. I will try and update with individual pictures and their statuses soon. :)

ETA: Of course I am willing to drive to help get any ratties to their forever home. :wink2:

LOVE the video of albert and eddie. Albert is a good boy to put up with the antics of the other boy. He tolerates him well and is letting him play even though he dont want to really LOL

hopefloats said:
LOVE the video of albert and eddie. Albert is a good boy to put up with the antics of the other boy. He tolerates him well and is letting him play even though he dont want to really LOL
I know! Albert is the best uncle ever! LOL

This is Albert tonight hanging out with me. Eddie is on my shoulder snuggled up. :)

abuvydab.jpg

I have started intros with all the girls, and tonight I switched cages, putting the new girls in the DCN and my two oldies in the single. I have been waiting on this because I didn't know what to do with Daisy (she is the new kid who has been in the DCN with my two older girls and they have not accepted her after a whole month!)
Tonight I decided to leave her in the DCN with the new girls. There have been bouts of squeaking, but no rat balls yet. I think she may be a better match with all the younger rats.

I'm still looking to thin the herd a bit! Several of the ratties have not had any problems so should be fine to go any time. There are a few special ratties, but everyone is sweet and healthy.

And, they have been with me three weeks and no one is preggo!! Always a bonus. LOL

Back