Nakies rescued last Christmas: Update a year later pg 11

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dahlas said:
LOVE the bottom one with the dark eyes....
The bottom one is one of the baby girls (there are two baby girls, and five adult females.)

I am looking to rehome some or all of them, so if you're interested, I can certainly hook you up!
They are ALL naked dumbos!

Dahlas said:
Have the boys and girls been together? Oh my if they have
I have been assured that the boys and girls have NOT been together. :)

We have an appointment booked with Dr. Greenlaw to evaluate their eyes on Friday if you want to come meet them!

lilspaz68 said:
What are the neuro symptoms you are seeing? Do you have metacam or infant ibu on hand?

Are the eyes shiny for the most part? Or is my brain addled being pre-coffee?

The Niagara's eyes were very dull looking, because the debris covered it. The area around your little one's eyes does look full/impacted with material. Poor creatures. Lucky babies!!
The eyes on the baby are white. I don't know if that means infection, or ulceration, or both. The adult female has no discernible eyeball in her right eye.
There is another female with dark eyes that the left eyeball is enlarged and 'muddy' looking.
Other than that, for the rest of them the eyelids look puffy like there might be some crud underneath them.
The power went out just as I was finishing uploading the videos. Let me try now...

OK, video number one:

[BBvideo 450,375:833x2gr4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6IOKtBFDjo&feature=share&list=UUe-WFjLtorwAobwo0Pq3RXw&index=1[/BBvideo:833x2gr4]

and video number two:

[BBvideo 450,375:833x2gr4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG4eRNDpg30&feature=share&list=UUe-WFjLtorwAobwo0Pq3RXw[/BBvideo:833x2gr4]

Joanne said:
Dahlas said:
LOVE the bottom one with the dark eyes....
The bottom one is one of the baby girls (there are two baby girls, and five adult females.)

I am looking to rehome some or all of them, so if you're interested, I can certainly hook you up!
They are ALL naked dumbos!

Dahlas said:
Have the boys and girls been together? Oh my if they have
I have been assured that the boys and girls have NOT been together. :)

We have an appointment booked with Dr. Greenlaw to evaluate their eyes on Friday if you want to come meet them!

what time will you be there?.I just might have to come have a peek.

I agree with Victoria, your neuro girl seems to have inner ear infection and is that manic type. Clare is like that...she's slowed down a LOT since she's older, but head waving is normal. Treat it as an inner ear infection, and things should improve medically but she may always be manic now. Should be very treatable and afterwards she will be a Special Tilty LOL

lilspaz68 said:
Treat it as an inner ear infection, and things should improve medically but she may always be manic now. Should be very treatable and afterwards she will be a Special Tilty LOL
I got some Clavamox from the vet's today, so I guess I'll use that as the other ratties will be on it.

Dahlas said:
should I bring a carrier...just in case??? LOL Hope their eyes will be ok....How are they for being handled?
:giggle:
I was thinking the same thing!
They are just so adorable, especially the babies. They seem normal as far as handling goes. They try to get away when I'm picking them up, but will settle down and snuggle when I tuck them against my body. No biters, the occasional tasting, especially if I hold the opposite sex first! LOL

I am leaning towards the babies...unless you have a preference but we can talk when I get there. LOL Trying to keep my numbers down to 4 or under...but how do I pass up a nakie...I have wanted one for so long...

Dahlas said:
I am leaning towards the babies...unless you have a preference but we can talk when I get there. LOL Trying to keep my numbers down to 4 or under...but how do I pass up a nakie...I have wanted one for so long...
You can meet them all and decide. I would like the two baby girls to stay together, but one of them has problem eyes. (She's still adorable though!)

The girls this morning:

u9y9u2e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back