Moomoo <3 - New Pics Daily

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cuddles <3

jebehy7y.jpg

It's been a while since I updated. So here goes:

The boys are great. They are loving life to the fullest.

Moomoo loves being up & loves his food, such a bouncy old man. Lucky's breathing is very heavy, like old man rats get sometimes. He is happy, loves scratches & food. So I am choosing not to bring him to the vet to get poked at since he gets so worked up when picked up, etc. I just let him do his own thing at his own speed. He spends hours cuddled by my side everyday getting head scratches :)
..and that's what retirement homes are for :heart:

Moomoo playing in the crazy cozy
azaduhe2.jpg

Lucky enjoying scratches :)
3a2unumu.jpg

Oh my goodness, your boys are just dolls! Soooo sweet faced and precious!! They are VERY lucky to have you. They look so happy in the photos! I am sure they are! Send them my kisses and love!! :hugs:

Lucky is needing some special treatment now, he is mommas sook and gets fed ensure from a syringe :)

[BBvideo 450,375:2a280cue]http://youtu.be/QWy-odl-F_E[/BBvideo:2a280cue]

du6ujezu.jpg

he6are2e.jpg

u5u5e9a4.jpg

panyjypu.jpg

megagysa.jpg

Awww, Lucky is such a precious!! I loved the video...he has just the sweetest eyes. A truly handsome and sweet boy. :heart: I wanted to cuddle him so bad! I am so glad he has a happy home and a wonderful Mommy! Give him all my love and a smooch! :cuddle:

Vladina said:
Awww, Lucky is such a precious!! I loved the video...he has just the sweetest eyes. A truly handsome and sweet boy. :heart: I wanted to cuddle him so bad! I am so glad he has a happy home and a wonderful Mommy! Give him all my love and a smooch! :cuddle:

I will :) ...he loves love and cuddles <3

What a good boy, drinking it all up! Cuddes from me too please. :D

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

Oh my goodness, I just went ALL the way back to the start of your thread about these two sweet peas and found out about the lice and how they were dumped...I just detest humans sometimes, really. But not the kind and caring ones who take such awesome care of ratties of course! SO happy for Lucky and Moo Moo, they are very fortunate to have found you both!

I also just saw some other pictures and the awesome video of Lucky boggling and bruxing with you...oh my gosh, what an absolute sweetheart he is! You can tell he just loves to be loved. He seemed to start boggling the second he heard Mommy's voice. :cloud9: It does not get any sweeter. :heart:

I just looked at the videos... the boys are nothing short of adorable, but I can't get over Lucky's breathing. It reminds me too much of Hunter... Have you had him checked for heart issues?

Unepuce said:
I just looked at the videos... the boys are nothing short of adorable, but I can't get over Lucky's breathing. It reminds me too much of Hunter... Have you had him checked for heart issues?

To be honest, no. His breathing is so bad, a vet visit will be the end of him. He does not like to be picked up, I let him come to me.

Myself and my hubby have decided to not pick & poke at him. So It is what it is. Lucky is still a happy boy, who loves life. He has had such a rough life, I just want to give him the best I can now. He is over two years old & he doesn't deserve to go gasping at the vets office. It may sound bizarre, but I'm doing what I believe is best for him. I want him to have a bit of the life he has never had.

We have an inhaler that we had for our beloved Toby, that helps him a little.

I know not everyone agrees with my decision, but I feel as it's right for the situation.

Bravo, I completely agree with you 100 percent about not putting Lucky through poking, prodding and stress in his life right now. I don't think it is bizarre at all. I would do the exact same thing with my boys if they were a certain age and had been through a lot, and as you said already, Lucky has already had enough stress and trauma in his life. He doesn't need a single second more of that. :(

I believe you said something like, "that is what a retirement home is for" earlier and I loved that. It is so wonderful that you and your hubby have both decided to just provide him with a quiet, relaxed and very loving home life without adding vet stress trauma to Lucky's life. My husband is nodding at me as I write and agreeing wholeheartedly. As they say in the old beer commercial, "It's Miller Time" for Lucky, right? :cuddle:

Good for you! I am sure if Lucky could speak human, he would agree with you on this too, absolutely. :thumbup:

xcat said:
What a good boy, drinking it all up! Cuddes from me too please. :D

Most certainly =)

Vladina said:
Oh my goodness, I just went ALL the way back to the start of your thread about these two sweet peas and found out about the lice and how they were dumped...I just detest humans sometimes, really. But not the kind and caring ones who take such awesome care of ratties of course! SO happy for Lucky and Moo Moo, they are very fortunate to have found you both!

I also just saw some other pictures and the awesome video of Lucky boggling and bruxing with you...oh my gosh, what an absolute sweetheart he is! You can tell he just loves to be loved. He seemed to start boggling the second he heard Mommy's voice. :cloud9: It does not get any sweeter. :heart:

:heart:

Vladina said:
Bravo, I completely agree with you 100 percent about not putting Lucky through poking, prodding and stress in his life right now. I don't think it is bizarre at all. I would do the exact same thing with my boys if they were a certain age and had been through a lot, and as you said already, Lucky has already had enough stress and trauma in his life. He doesn't need a single second more of that. :(

I believe you said something like, "that is what a retirement home is for" earlier and I loved that. It is so wonderful that you and your hubby have both decided to just provide him with a quiet, relaxed and very loving home life without adding vet stress trauma to Lucky's life. My husband is nodding at me as I write and agreeing wholeheartedly. As they say in the old beer commercial, "It's Miller Time" for Lucky, right? :cuddle:

Good for you! I am sure if Lucky could speak human, he would agree with you on this too, absolutely. :thumbup:

Thank you =)

If his anxiety wasnt so bad & he could handle being poked at by a vet, I would absolutly take him. But I know that if my vet was to even pick him up, he would get so worked up, he wouldnt make it.
With myself and hubby, he is fine, because he trusts us.
Just going with my gut on this, and I feel its best =)

He is still a hppy boy, who loves cudles, loves to eat and has lots of life left in his eyes despite his bad breathing. But when the time comes that he no longer has a quality of life, I will do whats right.

I don't doubt you one second. That breathing just looked so sadly familiar... :sad3: Poor Lucky. May he truly enjoy his life with you despite his issues! :heart:

Unepuce said:
I don't doubt you one second. That breathing just looked so sadly familiar... :sad3: Poor Lucky. May he truly enjoy his life with you despite his issues! :heart:

No doubt that's it's a sad sight. But the sight of him dying because we brought him to the vet to be examined would be worse. I know his time with me will be short, but in this case, a vet visit or meds won't make it any longer or make him comfortable.

Now, here are some videos & pics for the lucky lovers. :)

He loves baby cereal, but only from my fingers, spoiled boy.

[BBvideo 450,375:2rkre98s]http://youtu.be/VZZC4hdkdCU[/BBvideo:2rkre98s]

[BBvideo 450,375:2rkre98s]http://youtu.be/lD5Cy19Q8xg[/BBvideo:2rkre98s]

[BBvideo 450,375:2rkre98s]http://youtu.be/5bp2u6lS4w4[/BBvideo:2rkre98s]

uquvunuv.jpg

zuty9una.jpg

ze5yba7u.jpg

Oh Joys!! Just watched the videos and saw the wonderful photos of Lucky with my husband. We are officially in love with little Lucky. (As if you did not already guess!). Just the sweetest doll. ALL the pictures were adorable of course, but that last one was just the Blue Ribbon Winner, with his big happy ratty smile and his two bottom teeth showing. He looks SO happy in that photo. :cloud9:

You and your husband must be so in love with Lucky and Moomoo. We sure are. :heart: Thank you so much for the videos and photos, we were tickled pink to see them!

Sending comforting and happy vibes to your boys from Seattle....

Vladina said:
Oh Joys!! Just watched the videos and saw the wonderful photos of Lucky with my husband. We are officially in love with little Lucky. (As if you did not already guess!). Just the sweetest doll. ALL the pictures were adorable of course, but that last one was just the Blue Ribbon Winner, with his big happy ratty smile and his two bottom teeth showing. He looks SO happy in that photo. :cloud9:

You and your husband must be so in love with Lucky and Moomoo. We sure are. :heart: Thank you so much for the videos and photos, we were tickled pink to see them!

Sending comforting and happy vibes to your boys from Seattle....

You are too sweet. It's not hard to get captured in this sweet, old man :heart: ..he has been with us for only 13 days and I feel like iv known him his whole life.

Aww, I am sure you do! Well the nice thing I like to think about when getting bummed about the short life span of rats is that to them, every minute or hour of happiness, food, love and joy probably feels like a long, long time to them, so you can tell yourself, "Lucky has been with us for years in ratty time so it probably does feel to him (and Moomoo!) like he has known happiness for a long time with us." That kind of viewpoint always makes me feel better.

Rats live for the here and now and make every second count. They live life to the fullest. A wise lesson for us humans to remember for ourselves too.

Our two rescue boys have been with us since they were babies so they probably think they have been with Mommy and Daddy for about 120 years. :)

Back