Moomoo <3 - New Pics Daily

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratlover2013

So I'm at work & I get a call from my hubby saying our vet's office just called wondering if we could take two ratty boys who were just dropped off to be euthanized because their owners no longer wanted them & our local small animal shelter won't take them.

All we know is that they are over 1 years old & are covered in lice. The hubby says they look oder (around 1.5 years or more)

We seen a ratty in need on a kijiji add a few days ago and made ourselves not to get involved because we are supposed to be getting our numbers down. But these guys were a matter of life or death, so of course we said yes.

The hubby has them home now. I am still at work. He says they seem healthy (no sneezing, etc) other than the lice, one guy has a small lump on his back & they are a little underweight. The lice isn't a big deal, as we have lots of revolution, so we will just treat everyone in the house.

The hubby just set up a cage for them in the bedroom, as we don't have a QT house and we do have unspayed females because all of our males are fixed. Im unsure if these guys will be able to be neutered due to age, so if they can't, they will just hangout in our bedroom away from hormonal stress.

Once I get home, I'll update with pictures.

One day, we will get down to two rats :wallbang:...when pigs fly :laugh4: ...but I do feel as if we made the right decision here, I hope =)

So 8 rats has become 10 rats, 2 cages has become 3 cages, 2 groups has become 3 groups.. :emb:

I can't wait to meet them. The next two hours at work will be very long.

EDIT: OH and I ALMOST forgot. The people had them named Moomoo & Lucky... :emb:

UPDATE!!

I got home about an hour ago. These boys are so sweet <3

They are def older, I'd say over 1.5 years.

Moomoo is very active & kissy. Lucky is more laid back and quiet.

They both seem healthy other than thinning fur, and a little skinny.

Both breathing sounds perfect. But Lucky is breathing heavier.

We have a vet apt for the middle of Oct.

Iv treated them for lice/mites.

Enough with talking. Here are some pictures.

Lucky
6e2y8yha.jpg

9e3e9ajy.jpg

9y4unemy.jpg

Moo moo
atepahav.jpg

asy2azen.jpg

2u8eju2u.jpg

They love my hubby
uqapysun.jpg

Cuddles with me + grooming
4e6e3ape.jpg

They are gorgeous boys, they must be very happy that they are now with you. I do like Moo Moos facial markings. x

You definitely made the right decision there - no animal deserves to be put down just because their humans can't be bothered with them anymore.

Moomoo's marking are just adorable. :thud:

xcat said:
You definitely made the right decision there - no animal deserves to be put down just because their humans can't be bothered with them anymore.

Thank you, & I agree, no animal deserves that.

Moomoo is pretty cute :)

Ratlover2013 said:
xcat said:

Exactly that I was thinking..... :heart: :cuddle: and they look just adorable how could anyone just dump them off?

dspch911 said:
Ratlover2013 said:
xcat said:

Exactly that I was thinking..... :heart: :cuddle: and they look just adorable how could anyone just dump them off?

Right??
Some people deserve to be dumped and euthanized.

jorats said:
Those two really needed you! And they are so adorable.

Thank you Jo :)

I am going to be picture crazy with this thread :p... Two more pics from tonight :)

Can we come out ?
a7eha8u4.jpg

Hanging with my new mom!
ybuse6a7.jpg

Oh my goodness, what cuties! I can understand how you couldn't say no, what else _could_ you say? 10 rats, 3 cages, that's a lot of work, you're a wonderful person for saving them (hubby too!) They look like very sweet older gentlemen, and they're going to have a lovely retirement in a fun home. Lucky Lucky and Moomoo :D

I'll never understand some people's attitude that pets are disposable. I'll be they were for a small child (hence the names) and the child *gasp* didn't want to take care of them anymore.
I'm so glad you could give these boys a second life! :)

I stupidly went on Gumtree and saw all the adverts about pets for sale. Some may have real reasons but when you buy an animal it's your responsibility to look after it. They rely on you to be good owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back