MissGuardian's Rats!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Intros seems to be done(the vet said it would be okay, and quarantine aren´t necessary over here)..
They have all slept in the hammock together for a couple of hours.

Intros are exhausting.. And cuddles are great!
390b07aa.jpg

_MG_5925.jpg

Less than 1 hour into intro day 2..

[youtube:31yvhcy0]asWKIlPwItM[/youtube:31yvhcy0]
Intro movie.. Nirvana is a bit more bossy than I´d like at around 3mins, but nothing like they were yesterday.. They get along fine now it seems.. They aren´t aggressive, they just aren´t used to babies that small and aren´t quite sure what to make of him..

Just saw your baby... and I can only mimic Ratty Momma

:thud: (speechless)

He looks so good with your rats - happy family... :heart:

ETA - Just watched the video... the best intro imaginable! He looks so tiny compared to Stefan! And I love the way it all ended :heart: You have such a great ratty family! Congrats!!!

Unepuce said:
Just saw your baby... and I can only mimic Ratty Momma

:thud: (speechless)

He looks so good with your rats - happy family... :heart:
Yeah he is..
He´s adorable, and hasn´t turned into a monster so far :giggle:
Right this moment, he´s sleeping in the hammock with Nirvana(the alpha)..

Balder now has a new best friend :giggle:
f29f62ac.jpg

Stefan!
Balder usually follows him around everywhere, and they sleep together most of the time..
Balder usually sleeps on top of Stefan.. probably warm and cozy :lol:
Nirvana also has stopped acting like a b***h, so now it´s a small, happy family :dance:

He is so adorable!! So teeny next to Stefan! Haha. Soooo cute! I love in the vid when he climbs on Stefan and Stefan is all "Gah, get off me!" lol. *watches more* He clung on well on the rope! haha. I love the end shot with all three of them cuddled together like that, so adorable. ^.^ Baby dumbo's... so cute. xD;

Glad it all went so well! =D

odduckOasis said:
He is so adorable!! So teeny next to Stefan! Haha. Soooo cute! I love in the vid when he climbs on Stefan and Stefan is all "Gah, get off me!" lol. *watches more* He clung on well on the rope! haha. I love the end shot with all three of them cuddled together like that, so adorable. ^.^ Baby dumbo's... so cute. xD;

Glad it all went so well! =D
Yeah he is tiny!
His siblings are a lot bigger.. He´s not thin tho, he just has to catch up since he fell behind for a while :)
I haven´t seen him fall down yet.. None of the others have such a good balance :giggle:
But he´s been introduced to it since day 1 here.. they haven´t, so I guess it´s only natural :)
Yeah they are adorable.. Stefan seems to like babies.. Once he´s figured out what to do with them :giggle:
Both he and Nirvana was very puffy and not very nice at first, but mayonnaise worked like a charm.. As soon as Nirvana had flipped Balder around, Stefan calmed right down.. So I think he was just reacting to the way she was reacting.. He was REALLY sweet when I introduced Nirvana to him :D
I weighed them today, and It´s a 520grams weight difference between Stefan and Balder :shock:

I weighed them today, and It´s a 520grams weight difference between Stefan and Balder :shock:

lol!! Yeah, big boy in comparison. haha. xD;

That's cool Stefan is so sweet to him. ^.^ Always a good sign.

Where'd you get that rope? I need to put more climbing stuff in my cage for my boys, they don't climb enough... at least not inside the cage. I want to encourage them to climb and explore more too.

odduckOasis said:

lol!! Yeah, big boy in comparison. haha. xD;

That's cool Stefan is so sweet to him. ^.^ Always a good sign.

Where'd you get that rope? I need to put more climbing stuff in my cage for my boys, they don't climb enough... at least not inside the cage. I want to encourage them to climb and explore more too.
I got it from a fishing/boat supply store. It's hemp rope.
Yeah he is very sweet. But the male he was introed to was a great role model. He acted as a father for them within days.. And he wasn't neutered either..

Ah, interesting. Hm, might have to see if we have something like that around here at some point.

That's cool that he was taught so well. ^.^ S'cool. =3

odduckOasis said:
Ah, interesting. Hm, might have to see if we have something like that around here at some point.

That's cool that he was taught so well. ^.^ S'cool. =3
Yeah it was very cute..
All three were in the house a couple of days after intros, and he wouldn´t let them out before he had checked that it wasn´t a threat(I came in when they were asleep).. As soon he heard my voice, he let them out :giggle:
He was a rat that wasn´t afraid of ANYTHING..
He wasn´t scared of the dog(a 50kg barking doberman)..
He could be with me for walks and didn´t care even being around high traffic roads(I won´t bring any later rats with me like that tho)..
The lightning struck our house during their out time with me(destroyed ALL the fuses in the house, but nothing else), and he fell asleep again within 30 seconds.. The dog(that isn´t scared of thunder) stood in the middle of the floor, panting for the next three hours..

Balder has now passed 100grams.
He still lives with Nirvana and Stefan. It's usually going great. He can be a bit of a PITA, so there are some minor scuffles, but nothing bad. He's gotten a tiny wound on his belly, but it looks like it's just grooming related. He was 6 weeks old yesterday. Pictures will come later, since I'm logged onto my phone now.

Stefan is still being a goof..
65eec1ba.jpg

92adba97.jpg

And loves Nirvana..
a31669c4.jpg

And is a good daddy
54dee1f0.jpg

And Balder is growing.. A LOT.. was 110grams today.. Sorry for the blurry pictures - the light was bad..
b03640b5.jpg

6d033ef9.jpg

[center:14wixkcu]--------[/center:14wixkcu]

And I got my new hammocks from Petunia today! WAY earlier than I expected!(about 10 days earlier than expected actually..) I LOVE them!! :dance: Will post pics when I hang up some of them :thumbup:

3b9c3c3e.jpg

7c5d820b.jpg

427f896c.jpg

ef4ab453.jpg

92b41a5d.jpg

Today was a much needed cage cleaning day, since I´ve been unable to maintain the cage properly for a few days..
And a couple of days ago, I got the new hammocks from Petunia! :joy:
I love them, and it seems like the rats do too! They seem to have permanently moved into the hide n peek hammock, which actually surprises me.. They have had several hammocks they can go into with holes in it before, and never cared for them at all.. They actually sleep(and eat.. and poop :giggle: ) IN this one! :dance: And I have proof!

26e849a9.jpg

Don´t want to leave the hammock for out time..

_MG_5976.jpg

_MG_5975.jpg

Babyface!

_MG_5972.jpg

_MG_5971.jpg

_MG_5970.jpg

_MG_5967.jpg

_MG_5966.jpg

Cute isn´t he?

_MG_5963.jpg

_MG_5964.jpg

_MG_5961.jpg