MissGuardian's Rats!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nirvana is one year today! :redcake:

7af26424.jpg

34e55df9.jpg

Got some harnesses today that the rats supposedly accept a lot easier..
Stefan didn´t care much when I´d gotten it on.. Nirvana didn´t like it much, but accepted it.. And Balder hated it, but acted fine most of the time.. I want to have it since Balder has a tendency to try to run over to my mother(who´s terrified of rats) when I have them up, and so I can have them on my shoulder outside if it for once is okay weather..

ae09da0c.jpg

3a4c3d64.jpg

e0dff251.jpg

Balder is 189 grams now! :shock:

583c62b2.jpg

I probably won´t be using it a lot, but I like to have the option.. Specially if they learn to accept it, and I think they will..

Stefan has also injured his foot somehow, but he is getting better.. He probably fell down from somewhere.. As usual..

a2e08e35.jpg

Swollen paw..

c814d1a0.jpg

Clean cage with new liners!
I´ve removed one shelf, and added more hammocks instead.. Hoping they will use several of them, since Balder don´t keep the hammocks remotely clean :gaah:

8adc9243.jpg

c584297f.jpg

30db77d1.jpg

It´s the first time they have actually bothered to use the tunnel... I haven´t hung it in the corner before..
[youtube:blnmac35]I5f4VwkvTt4[/youtube:blnmac35]

[youtube:blnmac35]LX7Wjh-KRI0[/youtube:blnmac35]

[youtube:blnmac35]YVkbNwKJi8E[/youtube:blnmac35]
Balder loving the clean cage.. To Nirvana´s frustration, since he´s running her down :giggle:

[youtube:blnmac35]ZlMM2V0ibJw[/youtube:blnmac35]
Stefan enjoying being outside..

[youtube:blnmac35]DFUpFy7NxZw&NR=1[/youtube:blnmac35]

Nirvana not enjoying it so much.. She´d rather stay with me..
[youtube:blnmac35]R8WO2K7LXXs[/youtube:blnmac35]

imagesqen.jpg

imagespv.jpg

Started using more hammocks, since Balder has started to chew them, And I´ve figured a way to hang them without only hanging them in the roof..

[youtube:3hdulczj]OBTdlJ2yvhs[/youtube:3hdulczj]
Looks like they like it..

I never really wanted to bring my rats outside, afraid of birds and other animals that could hurt them, but those are cool harnesses, ever unique from other stuff I've seen (that's mostly made for like ferrets). I can see that they'd be a bit like 'get this off of me D<' lol. But I'm sure just like anything else, the more you use it, the more they may like it. =3

I've used hammocks that are bigger too, so they hang lower, def cool. =3 Need more ropey things for them to climb haha. I also read that rats don't actually need salt blocks, if they get a variety of food (even including meat) they get enough salt in their diet (even in the blocks) cuz I had a mineral block and the rats completely ignored them. lol. But yeah.

Lovely cage. xB;; So big for all three of them haha.

odduckOasis said:
I never really wanted to bring my rats outside, afraid of birds and other animals that could hurt them, but those are cool harnesses, ever unique from other stuff I've seen (that's mostly made for like ferrets). I can see that they'd be a bit like 'get this off of me D<' lol. But I'm sure just like anything else, the more you use it, the more they may like it. =3

I've used hammocks that are bigger too, so they hang lower, def cool. =3 Need more ropey things for them to climb haha. I also read that rats don't actually need salt blocks, if they get a variety of food (even including meat) they get enough salt in their diet (even in the blocks) cuz I had a mineral block and the rats completely ignored them. lol. But yeah.

Lovely cage. xB;; So big for all three of them haha.
Pretty much the only predator we have here, is the dog.. And a couole of ats that stay away because of the dog.. There are pretty much no predators left in this country:(
The harness I have, is hand made and fits rats of all sizes. I don't bring mine out much(usually to crappy weather), but I like to have the option.

The blocks I have, are mineral blocks(i think), not salt blocks. Mine love some, and ignore some.. If I don't have any, they chew anything they are not allowed to :gaah:

jorats said:
Oh wow! I love the memorial tags. What a great idea.
Thank you!
It was someone in here who gave me the idea, but I do not recall who..
I´m still waiting for Edward´s, since they made it wrong..

Tried clicker training Nirvana last night.
I tried training her to sit on the scale on her own.
She did manage to go up on it and sit still(think she sat for almost a full minute), I just didn´t manage to get it on video.

Keep in mind that is pretty much my second serious attempt on training her, and I have been fairly inactive in clicker training since 2006.

Please comment if you watch! :praying:

[youtube:15eizz6o]65nMxNOcF5E[/youtube:15eizz6o]

[youtube:137sgb3e]19wQPQI6-4w[/youtube:137sgb3e]
Training circle.. On the scale :giggle:

When we first started training, I tried to get her to "target" my finger and follow it around.. Not a chance..
Suddenly today she started to do it, so I figured out I´d try to train her to circle.. I helped her way too much tho, but she did it.. That´s way more than she did before..

Back