MissGuardian's Rats!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha! Well, I guess if she likes hot stuff it might only encourage her to chew. xDD;; Silly rat. Just gotta watch em I guess....

More cute piccy's! My oldest rat only just got interested in one of the hammocks I have in my cage. Though I have another one in there they dno't seem to care about. Not sure what to do to get them to like the hammocks. I'll have to look into either making a cube or buying one... (I think I'm too lazy to make one... xDD).

Stefan is def a cutie!

odduckOasis said:
Haha! Well, I guess if she likes hot stuff it might only encourage her to chew. xDD;; Silly rat. Just gotta watch em I guess....

More cute piccy's! My oldest rat only just got interested in one of the hammocks I have in my cage. Though I have another one in there they dno't seem to care about. Not sure what to do to get them to like the hammocks. I'll have to look into either making a cube or buying one... (I think I'm too lazy to make one... xDD).

Stefan is def a cutie!
Mine too only like some kinds of hammocks too..
It took a good while before they started liking them(I just kept them in there, and had treats in them)..
But now they pretty much use the hammocks all the time, except for eating.
Mine especially don´t like pocket hammocks.. They are okay with flats and cubes, but their favourites are these
buncstemning2.jpg
(not my rat)

and
oscthumb.php

I think he is too!
He´s getting more cuddly every day.. It baffles me how much difference there is in him, considering how bad he & his brother were when they came here..

Might be flying over to get my boy on Sunday if all goes well!
I absolutely HATE flying and airports in general(specially since I´m going to the biggest in the country, and I´ve never been there before)..
But sitting 20 hours on three different trains is NOT going to happen..

MissGuardian said:
I absolutely HATE flying and airports in general(specially since I´m going to the biggest in the country, and I´ve never been there before)..

You must be so excited to pick him up!

mamarat said:
MissGuardian said:

You must be so excited to pick him up!
Yeah I hope all goes well..
I will be pretty broke afterwards tho..
I called a transport company that specializes in transporting live animals..
They wanted almost 400$ to transport him Oslo-Bergen(about 7 hour drive or something)..
It costs me about half of it to fly over and bring him home with me on the same flight..
Sick and tired of waiting now!
Waiting since a few days after Edward died, and that was march the 10th.. I am SO not a patient person.. :panic:

Those are some cool hammocks. 8) I'll have to look into Those and see what else I can get them to like.

Yeah, it's gotta be a pain to have to pick up a new guy so far away and all. Hopefully all goes well on the flight. I saw some awesome pet carriers at PetCo (they were plushable and very well ventilated.) I would totally use one of those if I had to transport a pet like a rat. Way better than a wire or plastic carrier.

Good luck getting the new guy home and integrated okay! Hope the intro's go okay after he's gotten use to the place and all that. Don't forget to isolate him for a bit just to make sure and all. I wish I could get another rat, but I've already spent too much money on the two I have. xD;; lol.

odduckOasis said:
Those are some cool hammocks. 8) I'll have to look into Those and see what else I can get them to like.

Yeah, it's gotta be a pain to have to pick up a new guy so far away and all. Hopefully all goes well on the flight. I saw some awesome pet carriers at PetCo (they were plushable and very well ventilated.) I would totally use one of those if I had to transport a pet like a rat. Way better than a wire or plastic carrier.

Good luck getting the new guy home and integrated okay! Hope the intro's go okay after he's gotten use to the place and all that. Don't forget to isolate him for a bit just to make sure and all. I wish I could get another rat, but I've already spent too much money on the two I have. xD;; lol.

You HAVE to have plastic or wire cage when flying..
But I don´t know for sure how to transport him yet..
A lot calling back and forth between the girl who will transport to the airport(not the breeder), and to another person who is also getting rats from her.. We´ll transport them together so they won´t be alone..
And looking into other shipping options, since flying on Saturday(apparently it was Saturday instead of Sunday), is a lot more expensive than on Sunday.. But we´ll figure something out..

And apparently, he´s drop dead gorgeous :heart: He´s one of those that will fall asleep in your hands.. His father LOVES people and wants cuddles all the time :heart: And had a successful intro in just about 10 minutes..

And isolating is not an option here sadly :gaah: I´m ONLY allowed to have the rats in my room.. And no one else can take them.. But we don´t have the same problems with disease over here that you guys have.. Worst contagious thing here, is usually lice..

If all goes to plan, I´ll have him in my hands late Saturday!
I might also be keeping two of his brothers for the night..
Another person is also getting from the same breeder, but the flight comes too late for the boat, so She´ll most likely pick them up sometime Sunday..

:joy: :dance: :cloud9:
The girl who was supposed to drive only to the airport, has offered to drive the rats all the way instead! :dance:
They are only charging for gas money and food on the way!
I am SO relieved, shocked and almost teary-eyed :sad3: (happy tears)
I have been stressing so much with trying to find the cheapest, fastest and least stressful way of transporting them..
So I´m getting him sometime night to Monday!
She and her boyfriend is two of my favorite people in the world right now!

Cage cleaning day today.. They got new rope without wire in it.. Hopefully they´ll get used to it..
And split the cage since I´m getting the little one sometime tonight.. I will fill it up more tho.. just need help with the rest..

Top part(Now Nirvana and Stefan´s part)
f0156d55.jpg

The bottom so far.. The little guy´s part..(will fill up more when he comes)
84cc92b2.jpg

First time climbing on rope without wire in it..
f0d319ac.jpg

611592f7.jpg

A couple from cuddletime yesterday..

9a517744.jpg

Stefan at "Grandpa´s"
c6cc456d.jpg

Back